DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Mask problem with multiple maps

Running a house where every floor is a separate image.
    This means of course that the players lose their mask every time they change floors.

The easiest way would be to combine all the floors into one image. As this is an official Paizo adventure, how can I did this?

I'm not at home right now so I haven't been able to try various methods.
    Last edited by Farnaby; October 19th, 2021 at 13:43. Reason: Speeling is hard
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

You can add the maps together by dragging one on top of each other directly from assets so they layer on top of one another. You may have to do some resizing. The problem with that is that the Fog of War only has one layer so when you go to the second floor the FoW will show for the first layer. I'd recommend that you just keep the maps separate. Another thing you could do is combine the maps into one map in Photoshop (that is have each floor all on one map but not on top of one another) or whatever you are using and then the DM can SHIFT drag the players between floors and thus preserving the FoW. A lot will depend on how big that make things and so whether that's feasible or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You can also just place them on a single map record next to each other as separate layers. I would suggest drawing an LoS box around each level to prevent any cross-level peeking of vision.

Regards,
    JPG

Okay, got that.
    Is there anyway to get the existing LOS and other layers copied over?
    Or will I have to redo everything?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

If the maps are all exactly the same (size as well as the occluders) then you can export the Metadata from the first one and then make copies of that xml file and rename the copies to exactly the same name as the other maps. As long as the images and the xml files are in the same folder then the LoS should work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, the problem being this is official content (i.e. Malevolence) and therefore I don't have images per se.

Or am I just to tired to find the correct directory?

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Yeah, the problem being this is official content (i.e. Malevolence) and therefore I don't have images per se.
    Can you create copies of those images inside FG? You should be able to edit those. It works with bestiary images at least, but I don't have an adventure to try with.

I can create a copy but it copies as original_map_name.jpg@module_name and it loses everything.
    I cannot find it in a folder anywhere to copy the metadata.xml to.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post

Or am I just to tired to find the correct directory?
    Sorry, I thought you were developing the module - but it seems you are running it. So I assume that there's no Line of Sight on any of the maps? You can open the first map and draw the Line of Sight onto it; and then open assets > images and find the map for the second floor and then drag that directly onto the open original map and line them up. This will create a second layer. Hide the first layer by making it invisible and if both maps are the same then the LoS should line up with the second one as well. You can do this for any other levels. So basically one Line of sight and the layers for each level and just hide all the layers except the one the players are on. You will, however, have the Fog of War issue I mentioned earlier if you don't clear that when the players move between levels.

My two cents. I highly recommend this;

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/224/view

You can save fow for each player on the map before you swap maps. A life save for multi level floors/dungeons where they go up and down a lot. The players love it in abomination vaults, as they are going up and down levels all the time.

It's blinding fast (and saves data outside the campaign), so it doesn't bloat the save time every 5 minutes.

Thread Information