5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Everyone has their own way of working. I don't like having the map in the background because I don't want to have to keep moving stuff on top of it - and I use two monitors as others have said so having the map and combat tracker on one monitor and everything else on the other suits me much better. So there's no right or wrong way to use the map to the background thing. It's useful but not necessary to have the map on the background.
    Yes, exactly

I know that there are many people who say that this is essential for a VTT to keep/have the map in the background, and this was probably the reason why it got implemented at some point. But I actually like FG for the fact that I do not have to put the map into the background

(though we may derail the thread a bit, not sure )

I like the background mode...*shockingly* I never noticed those arrows before lol. Neat feature!

The issue with 2x screens is I have one 4K and one UHD screen. With 2 different resolutions the screen stretch is problematic.

Maybe the devs could tell me if I’m doing something wrong. Or at least support background mode but only the one screen ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    The issue with 2x screens is I have one 4K and one UHD screen. With 2 different resolutions the screen stretch is problematic.

Maybe the devs could tell me if I’m doing something wrong. Or at least support background mode but only the one screen ?
    Nope, you're not really doing anything wrong It's "physics". If you have two different screens that don't have the same size and resolution, then most any program can't handle it well. Note that some graphics drivers have the ability to set two dissimilar screens into one that can resolve this for you, but it's an uncommon feature.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Top right corner of the image window is a up right arrow, click it. See what happens? Click it again, see what happens? Click the down left arrow.
    I figured that is what the quick boxes at the bottom of the screen are for.

Its a limitaton of using a game engine - Unity - I believe its built for single monitor support only.

I use a 43" 4K TV as my monitor.
    Works great for FG in my opinion and pretty inexpensive compared to a 'real' computer monitor anywhere close to this resolution.

Here is a 49 inch monitor, as a player side, 5120x1440 ... and using maps in background mode :
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 225426.jpg
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Thread Information