STAR TREK 2d20

Core Rulebook Content Update?

Hi,

Curious. When Mongoose drop the updated Core Rulebook are you looking to update the FGU core rules content to follow suit?

Kind regards,
    rcruk

I’m curious about this too - the 2d deck plans alone make this feel like it should be a priority

I'm hoping it's the case too, because due to mostly wanting to run vehicle-heavy campaigns, I still don't have a FGU MgT2e ruleset that does what I want. I've been moving some of the Sci-Fi homebrews I want to run with MgT2e to other rulesets. I'm remaining optimistic, but if it turns out I need to pay for the Update 2022, I be taking a pass.

An update means that MBM doesnt get paid. From what I can gather he mostly get paid by commission per sale. There is a none trival amount of work in simply updating it. And Mongoose doesn't consider this errata, its a new book entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWigggles View Post
    An update means that MBM doesnt get paid. From what I can gather he mostly get paid by commission per sale. There is a none trival amount of work in simply updating it. And Mongoose doesn't consider this errata, its a new book entirely.
    Thought this would be the case, perfectly understandable. I'll not worry too much about buying the new book as it won't sync with FGU, which is the platform I run my games on.

I want MBM to get paid and make money just as much as everybody else. My answer depends. Who is Mongoose going to want to do the conversion? I'll guess MBM. So I see two options. He either starts a new project from scratch, or he make changes to his existing code to reflect what is in the new book. If it's the latter then I say "Yes" we should get the update.

I believe its just some minor rule tweaks here and there and new artwork and the inclusion of starship creation rules which are already in highguard. So if he does update the ruleset, I have a feeling it'll take longer to find whats changed than to update it.

Here is what Matthew Sprange had to say about the Update 2022 book

Indeed - the initial impetus for Update 2022 was from the graphics department who wanted to elevate the Core Rulebook to the visual heights of recent Traveller releases. They also took the opportunity to revise the layout format, which all future Traveller releases will conform to. You will see examples of the new look on the product page a little later today and, we hope, you will find them gorgeous and stunning!

With such a major change in the book, we also took the opportunity to completely re-edit, revise and in some places re-write the rules. To this end, we courted the opinion of players, and there is a massive amount of these tweaks and changes. However, we also ensured that all current Core Rulebooks will remain compatible with future releases of this edition, and Update 2022 is compatible with everything that came before, to the extent that you could probably have both rulebooks at the same table and you will not run into any clashes worth speaking of.

It is worth pointing out that Update 2022 also has an Index and a Spacecraft Construction chapter added. It also has a few more pages.

In a nutshell, we would say this is not an 'essential' upgrade, but hope you will join us as Update 2022 is just plain better for Traveller

Hope that helps!
    https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre.../post-24098721

That doesn't answer your question about whether there will be a new Fantasy Grounds version, but it does mean that it shouldn't really be necessary if there is one.

I asked Mongoose and whoever was running Matt account replied that its entirely up to MBM.

Thread Information