DICE PACKS BUNDLE

What is the 'Test' Channel in Manage Builds?

It's a way to test your build before committing to 'Live' I presume? I've looked through all the documentation (everything I could find) and this forum, but could not find any reference to this question. If so, how do I do the testing once I've selected 'Test'? I don't see my module build in my Modules window in FG.
    Thanks!

The Test channel is like "beta" releases from SmiteWorks and Forge devs.
    When you switch to beta, it creates a copy of the data folder within the subfolder channels/Test
    This is why changes you are making aren't taking effect in the Test channel.

Blog Entries
    As @bmos says, the Test channel is analogous to 'beta testing' other software.

I'd imagine for Forge it's pretty much the same process, though I haven't set anything for Test myself yet. But I could certainly see where it could possibly be useful for larger projects such as @damned's free SotDL ruleset where he could push a Live build then do feature-testing in Test until everything works.
    Last edited by Talyn; October 17th, 2021 at 01:53.

OK, thanks. I guess I won't put it on test, I'll just go for live. Oh, and my module build showed up; I just didn't wait long enough for it to be approved.

Thread Information