DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Forge Content in FGU

It would be great if the Forge content was identified in the Extensions list - maybe simply place the wording in italics or bold.

Whilst we are at it - it would be great if some helpful information was also available maybe when you click/hover over it. e.g. The filename of the extension for example.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    It would be great if the Forge content was identified in the Extensions list - maybe simply place the wording in italics or bold.

Whilst we are at it - it would be great if some helpful information was also available maybe when you click/hover over it. e.g. The filename of the extension for example.
    It might be a nice place to use the xml description tag that most extensions have but isn't used anywhere.

The naming of extensions is down the developer. Internally we have setup a identifier system to keep things organized. I would suggest reaching out to those authors and recommending something similar.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The naming of extensions is down the developer. Internally we have setup a identifier system to keep things organized. I would suggest reaching out to those authors and recommending something similar.
    Do you mean "Feature: xx" "Font: xx" "Theme: xx" and so forth?

Yes, that is what I am referring to in my last post. It was an early attempt at organizing the internal extensions.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

I think the request is here about the file name, not the shown name of the extension While my extension starts with Feature: the file name is still some legacy name (because I started with such prefixes with the release of the forge, but I wanted to avoid issues for people who already used my extensions); though the file name is also a matter and request for the dev, I think (Since months I want to think about adding the extension file name to the extension description in the forge, but I was always too lazy so far )

EDIT: Now I updated all my items in the forge to show at the top also the file name and my github profile, for fellow developers or for people who want to customise their extension
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 14th, 2021 at 17:27.

Here is the theme naming that we suggest to DLC developers:

Decal: <System> - <Name>
    Dev: <Name>
    Feature: <Name>
    Setting: <Name>
    Theme: <System (short version)> - <Name>

Regards,
    JPG

Just to clarify - when you look at the extensions list in FGU campaign load screen you can not tell which extension it is behind the scenes without opening and looking at the contents of the file (assuming it s not in the vault).

It would be really good if you click on the extension and it showed some metadata about the extension. e.g.:

- Developers name
    - Link to web page
    - Actual filename of the extension
    - Version

...etc
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e