DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Curse of Strahd Quest Entries

I have a question about quest entries in CoS. I am prepping to run my group through this one and I am thinking about leveling on XP rather that milestones due to the sandbox nature of this adventure.

I noticed that none of the quest entries have XP values in them. Is this intentional, an oversight, or some other thing that I am just missing?

As always, thank you for your guidance.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

This adventure was designed to use milestone leveling RAW, much like Adventurer's League adventures.

That being said, you can copy encounters, unlock them and let Fantasy Grounds calculate the XP awards for players.

For quests it's really a matter of what feels right to you as the DM, as far as how much XP to award. I usually give a level advancement for completing a quest. So I mix milestone and XP advancement.

The quests are specially created just for the Fantasy Grounds version of Curse of Strahd; they don't appear in the book. I created them so that players and DMs would find it easier to make their way through the adventure. Since they are not 'official' quests I did not add XP to them. So it is left to the DM whether they want to edit them and add in XP or just leave them as they are (or not even use them at all).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Makes sense. I was just making sure that I wasn't missing something.

Appreciate the response and guidance. Cheers!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Thread Information