DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Character Effect for Path to Perfection

I am wanting to create a custom Character Effect for Path of Perfection Based off of Resolve or Evasion. Text on these abilities: Your proficiency rank for the chosen saving throw increases to master. If you roll a success with the chosen saving throw, you instead critically succeed.

So for Evasion it says SAVERESULT: +1 reflex, success

But if I copy it over for my players Monk, they still talk half damage on a Save. How do I format this to work.

Welcome to the FG forums.

The effect you list is the correct format.

How are you applying that effect?
    How are you triggering the saving throw?

It's probably best if you provide a screenshot of the issue showing the combat tracker with the SAVERESULT effect and the saving throw triggered against the creature with the SAVERESULT effect.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well I figured out my user error.... I spelled it ref and not reflex. Thanks for the help!

I will say the manual one looks different than the automatic one but that is really no biggie.
    FGU2.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im trying to apply the level 15 one but I can't find on the documentation how to catch the critical failure. I've tried:

SAVERESULT:+1 will, critical failure
    SAVERESULT:+1 will, critical fail
    SAVERESULT:+1 will, criticalfailure
    SAVERESULT:+1 will, critfailure
    SAVERESULT:+1 will, critfail

Neither worked for me.

Edit: it is interesting that this gets parsed and added to CT without the + symbol. Other effects like SAVERESULT: +1 will, success keep the + symbol. Im adding those as PC effects.
    Last edited by dsaraujo; November 24th, 2021 at 02:52.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

The syntax should be:
    SAVERESULT:+1 will, critical-failure

Sorry to jump in here, but finishing off that ability, what's the syntax for the "half damage on a failure" part? Or does that still need to be handled manually?

you need to use the SAVEDAMAGEPER: 50, reflex, trait

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Sorry to jump in here, but finishing off that ability, what's the syntax for the "half damage on a failure" part? Or does that still need to be handled manually?
    As mentioned by @Shinrei123, use the SAVEDAMAGEPER effect (although the syntax listed in post #7 is not correct, it needs the save result). Refer to the Wiki Effects page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ects#Modifiers

For examples see the Rogue's Improved Evasion or the Barbarian's Greater Juggernaut class features in the Core Rules DLC.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 27th, 2021 at 22:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

SAVERESULT:+1 will, critical-failure
    Thanks! Can we add this to the documentation?
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Thanks! Can we add this to the documentation?
    Yep, will queue it up for a future Wiki update. Sorry it wasn't updated originally.

Thread Information