5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Hellboy RPG

Hellboy RPG

Hello, I'm sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere though it didn't come up in any of my searches.

I was wondering if anyone was working on the Hellboy RPG ruleset (the 5e version from Mantic Games).

Quote Originally Posted by jaydarkson View Post
    Hello, I'm sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere though it didn't come up in any of my searches.

I was wondering if anyone was working on the Hellboy RPG ruleset (the 5e version from Mantic Games).
    I didn't want to create a new thread on this when I already started one. I was wondering if after a year if someone has worked on this?

Blog Entries
    Not that I've heard of. But note that you do not need a ruleset to play any game. You can use CoreRPG or MoreCore as your ruleset and just build a character sheet in there that has all the fields you want to track. You'll have limited automation, but I've played using this method in a game of Star Frontiers for years and had no complaints.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Not that I've heard of. But note that you do not need a ruleset to play any game. You can use CoreRPG or MoreCore as your ruleset and just build a character sheet in there that has all the fields you want to track. You'll have limited automation, but I've played using this method in a game of Star Frontiers for years and had no complaints.
    That's what I'm doing in the meantime. I can understand that this system utilizes some odd mechanics; doom tracker, ingenuity, etc. so I'm going to see if I can figure out what to do in those regards.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore as a lot of unusual die rolls and is a good place to look for such code. RulesetWizard is worth looking at if you are considering making your own ruleset.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Is this the game that is based on the 5E engine?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhorgunn View Post
    Is this the game that is based on the 5E engine?
    Hellboy RPG? Yes, it uses 5E core to play.
    Star Frontiers? No, it's a '80's TSR d100 game.

Thread Information