DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Video Tutorials

Just watched them all - they are superb GregRex.

I had no idea that player SCraft were so far along.

MBM did a really good job on them - the amount of automation is superb! Had no idea you could add additional crew too!

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    I will put up a quick video on the standard CT to include initiative rolls hopefully sometime this week.

Unless MBM corrects me there currently is no automation for the Pilot position to generate an Initiative roll yet.

For the Space Combat Initiative, per the rulebook, it is 2D + the pilots' Pilot Skill + the ship's Thrust score.

In my games, I simply set the Task Diff to '0' and have my pilot make a Pilot skill check with the Thrust score set as a Modifier and the result of the roll is what I update the SCT Initiative block with.
    Great! Good to know. Sometimes it's difficult to discover whether there is automation that I'm just not engaging correctly with or if it's not there to begin with.

Would a video on CG be too long for this series? Such as where the things are located

3 more videos were added to the list at the beginning of the thread.

Quick Character Generation
    Quick Combat Tracker Overview
    How to create a d66 table

Thank You @GregRex. Now where were these 2 months ago when I needed them? Just kidding! I have to retrain myself every time I use the ship functions. Much appreciated.

Thanks Gregrex, I just sat down to watch all these videos and learned a ton about space combat, which is helpful cause our PoD campaign is about to attempt Treasure Ship.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 6.59.33 AM.png

These are just what was needed Greg, I'm sure they're going to be very helpful to a great many Traveller players and referees getting their heads around FGU.

adzling, you are braver than me. I haven't wrapped my head around managing fleet combat. My players arp up to 3 ships and complementary crews

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    adzling, you are braver than me. I haven't wrapped my head around managing fleet combat. My players arp up to 3 ships and complementary crews
    One of the cool unexpected benefits is i have been able to easily and quickly run simulations of the battle to judge what outcomes could look like based on potential variables like engagement range and crew skills.

That’s a very powerful tool for a gm when balancing encounter details.

Space combat is the one thing we have not tried. mainly cause I not sure how to run it yet so I will watch the videos. I wish I had not missed that session

Thread Information