FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Adaptations by Jason Harp - Support Thread

I have several adaptations in the works and wanted to provide a support thread, in addition to the standard bug reporting mechanism, for those products.

Adaptations Published
    • Bestiary - 2E - Malevolent and Benign I - Expeditious Retreat Press
    • Bestiary - 2E - Malevolent and Benign II - Expeditious Retreat Press
    • Adventure - OSR/5E/PF1 - Dark Naga Adventures - DNH1 The Lost Temple of Forgotten Evil (Forge) Available combined and separate.
    • Bestiary - 5E - 5E Foes: Lovecraftian Horrors (Forge)
    • Bestiary - 5E - Ultimate Bestiary: The Dreaded Accursed - Nord Games
    • Adventure - DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #71: The 13th Skull - Goodman Games

Adaptations Past Review

Adaptations In Review
    • 2E - Advanced Adventures #5: The Flaming Footprints of Jilanth - Expeditious Retreat Press

Adaptations Awaiting Materials

Adaptations In Development
    • 5E - Dark Naga Adventures - DNH2 The Buried Zikurat
    • 5E - Dark Naga Adventures - DNH3 The City of Talos
    • 5E - Dark Naga Adventures - DNH4 Confronting Hastur
    • 5E - Dark Naga Adventures - DNH5 Carcosa
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #72: Beyond the Black Gate - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #73: Emirikol Was Framed! - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #74: Blades Against Death - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #75: The Sea Queen Escapes - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #76: Colossus, Arise! - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #76.5: Well of the Worm - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #80: Intrigue At Courts of Chaos - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #82: Black Manse - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #97: Queen of Elfland - Goodman Games
    • DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics #98: God Skull - Goodman Games
    • 2E - Monstrous Compendium Annual - Volume III - WOTC
    • 2E - The Ruins of Undermountain - WOTC - Currently researching map ideas

I'm certainly no expert so if you find something suspicious please let me know and I'll try to fix it in a timely fashion. Also, if there is an adaptation that you would like to see that seems to be of the kind above let me know and I'll see what can be done.

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; January 5th, 2022 at 20:02.

Bug Fixing

Submitted THAC0 corrections for:
    • Malevolent and Benign I - Expeditious Retreat Press
    • Malevolent and Benign II - Expeditious Retreat Press

Expect 2-3 weeks before this pushes live.
    Last edited by jharp; October 22nd, 2021 at 19:59.

RE: 2E - Malevolent and Benign

I have a question since the source product is meant for 1st edition instead of 2nd, and I'm going to refer to the two different versions of OSRIC on the Forge as a way of explaining what I mean.

So there's two different versions of OSRIC on The Forge, one made by AlterZwerg and Sterno that is meant as OSRIC data but with 2e rules, and the other is made by the First Edition Society and is meant to be used with the AD&D 1e Properties extension to hew more closely to an actual 1e game.

As it's a store module, I ASSUME you formatted this more for 2E, but I wanted to ask to be sure which direction you went with this product.

It relies only on the 2E. No consideration to the 1e properties extension (or for that matter reference to any OSRIC). That said if you buy it and you have suggestions on improvements I'm more than happy to try them out. I will be eventually moving the treasure over to OSRIC instead of text based only. I had it linking to the 2E WOTC treasure tables but it turns out that violates the license with WOTC so I had to remove the linking.

Jason

Jason you could leave the tables in there, exclude.from read only and then let the buyer type in the name of the table. You could even tell them what to type.in this thread... Or maybe type it in the table but leave out the brackets....

I know prices are set by the original publisher of the produce (Expeditious Retreat), so I'm not blaming you, but do you know why Malevolent and Benign II is twice the price of the first one?

That could be my fault. It was the first product that I entered the adaptation information for. I'll email James and see if I priced it correct.

Jason

First, thanks for doing this. Monster books are great!

One errata item I spotted in Malevolent and Benign was that the 36 HD Deadwood has a typo in its Hit Dice as 1836.

Also, it looks like you used the HD Thac0 progression for 2E, which makes sense, and while I know the chart stops at 16 HD in the DMG, I believe it's implied that the Thac0 decreases by 2 for every odd HD amount. I think something like the 36 HD Deadwood would have a better Thac0 than 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    I believe it's implied that the Thac0 decreases by 2 for every odd HD amount. I think something like the 36 HD Deadwood would have a better Thac0 than 5.
    Yeah, checking the DMG and High Level Campaigns both, the chart is just for easy reference, monster thac0 never stops getting better (well, except for very large herbivores that aren't known for being aggressive, their Thac0 isn't supposed to be as good as their HD would indicate).

Thanks, I'll go thru the THAC0 and check my end results.

Thread Information