DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 29 First ... 152324252627 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    20+ is just informational right now.
    Havent worked out yet how to handle it.
    Since the 20+ field could hold both a die roll (for extra damage on a hit) or a trait (a bite could also do poison, for example), I didn't think that this would be straight forward.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    Re: spells

Now that the spells are in two columns, the names of many spells, such as MOLD EARTH AND STONE no longer fit. Furthermore, NPCs with a lot of spells, such as the wizard, only have about eight or so spells. You can fit twice that number in a single column. So you really do not need to make two columns. If an NPC actually has too many, then you can scroll up or down.

I prefer one column.
    For the record, I think a single column would work better as well.
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

So when I hit on the green arrows for the Immune section (I just figured out that it was a double-click instead of a single click to activate it), I get a weird message from the Ghastly Chorus's cold immunity.

I am typing in:
    damage from cold, disease, and poison; asleep, diseased, fatigued, immobilized, poisoned, prone

What I get in chat after double-clicking on the green arrows is:
    databasenode = { npc.id-00050 }
    s'damage from cold'
    #1 | s'cold'
    s'This cat is immune to Cold!'

This looks to me like some comments from Debug, so I wanted to point this out to you in case it was that or something else.

Also, when the word "frightened" is in the immune section, I get this when I double-click on the green arrows:
    databasenode = { npc.id-00049 }
    s'frightened'

Again, it looks like Debug code to me.

I have been entering some data and need some clarifications on some fields for Spells.

What exactly are the Roll and Damage fields used for? Is the Roll field where you would enter something like "Make an Intellect attack against the target's Agility", and is the Damage field purely for something like "1d6"?

For the Attack 20+ field, will it catch extra damage on rolls of 20+ if you put "The target takes 1d6 extra damage" into that field?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    So when I hit on the green arrows for the Immune section (I just figured out that it was a double-click instead of a single click to activate it), I get a weird message from the Ghastly Chorus's cold immunity.

I am typing in:
    damage from cold, disease, and poison; asleep, diseased, fatigued, immobilized, poisoned, prone

What I get in chat after double-clicking on the green arrows is:
    databasenode = { npc.id-00050 }
    s'damage from cold'
    #1 | s'cold'
    s'This cat is immune to Cold!'

This looks to me like some comments from Debug, so I wanted to point this out to you in case it was that or something else.

Also, when the word "frightened" is in the immune section, I get this when I double-click on the green arrows:
    databasenode = { npc.id-00049 }
    s'frightened'

Again, it looks like Debug code to me.
    They are debug only statements. I just want to know if it finds all of the immunities in your test examples.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    I have been entering some data and need some clarifications on some fields for Spells.

What exactly are the Roll and Damage fields used for? Is the Roll field where you would enter something like "Make an Intellect attack against the target's Agility", and is the Damage field purely for something like "1d6"?

For the Attack 20+ field, will it catch extra damage on rolls of 20+ if you put "The target takes 1d6 extra damage" into that field?

Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Development is ongoing and some of these things will change and some will change again.

I havent worked out Roll as yet.
    No it will not auto parse anything - Im disinclined to go down that route. Again it is still in development.

For NPC, in the Attack Options popup window, there is an additional "Extra Damage" that can be added to [F}ire, [I]ce, [D]isease, and [P]oison... namely, [A]cid.

A creature called an Oculus does this.
    Dripping Appendage (melee) +6 with 2 boons (2d6 plus 2d6 from acid)

Still a work in progress, but getting there...

beasts_galore.JPG

A few things that popped into my mind today.

The space given to the name of spells is not wide enough. You can see that one of the dryad's spell names has been clipped in the image that I posted.
    NPCs without any magic still show one empty spell in their magic tab. The rule set must be putting this in as it is not in the xml.
    NPCs need to roll dice with boons and banes.
    The boons and banes on the PC sheet graphically look very pretty but those little arrows used to add dice are really really small and a real pain to click.
    I would love to see some easy to click buttons just below the chat window such as the following buttons seen in the ALIEN game.

easy_to_click_buttons.JPG

Thread Information