DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 29 First ... 142223242526 ... Last
    If the XML is correct then the name should show up regardless of whether you drag/drop the spell or create it on the charsheet.

But I did neither of those, hence the problem. What is supposed to happen to the name field, etc. (see my image) in the case of the the data already existing as a link in the xml of the NPC entry? The link works so that part of the xml is correct. However, as you can see in my image, the name field is blank. Is that a bug? Can you not make the rule set auto populate the name field based on the link? If that is not going to happen, then I will write code that scrapes the xml data from the player module as the GM module is built.

The editabilty of the NPC sheet still needs a bit more tweaking. Now it seems that the NPC sheet cannot be edited even when unlocked.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    If the XML is correct then the name should show up regardless of whether you drag/drop the spell or create it on the charsheet.

But I did neither of those, hence the problem. What is supposed to happen to the name field, etc. (see my image) in the case of the the data already existing as a link in the xml of the NPC entry? The link works so that part of the xml is correct. However, as you can see in my image, the name field is blank. Is that a bug? Can you not make the rule set auto populate the name field based on the link? If that is not going to happen, then I will write code that scrapes the xml data from the player module as the GM module is built.
    Now I understand - unfortunately the answer is no.
    You will have to supply not only the link but the name, damage etc - all fields that the NPC sheet uses.
    When you drag and drop an entry there is an onDrop() event that fills these out for you but it doesnt run any other time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    The editabilty of the NPC sheet still needs a bit more tweaking. Now it seems that the NPC sheet cannot be edited even when unlocked.
    I havent started locking the NPC sheet at all...
    I cant replicate what you are seeing.

I did find that the three new fields I added have some bogus code in them.

Can you provide more info?

Whenever you modify (type in a value or delete it to put a 0 back in there) the Power, Insanity, or Corruption fields on the NPC sheet, the Console pops up with one of those nil value errors:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "power"]: 7: attempt to index a nil value
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "insanity"]: 7: attempt to index a nil value
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "corruption"]: 7: attempt to index a nil value
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

I'm not sure if I am setting this up wrong or if there is a bug.

Here is what the PDF says for a bear's claw attack:

Claw (melee) +6 (2d6 + 1, or 2d6 + 13 on attack roll 20+)

For the attack roll 20+ damage, I put "2d6+13" in the "Attack 20+" field. When I roll an attack of under 20, it will do 2d6+1 when I hit the damage button. However, when I roll a 20 or more (even a nat 20, for the record), the damage remains 2d6+1 when I hit the damage button rather than rolling 2d6+13.

So is it me or you?
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    Whenever you modify (type in a value or delete it to put a 0 back in there) the Power, Insanity, or Corruption fields on the NPC sheet, the Console pops up with one of those nil value errors:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "power"]: 7: attempt to index a nil value
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "insanity"]: 7: attempt to index a nil value
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "corruption"]: 7: attempt to index a nil value
    See post #234 - I just havent uploaded a fix yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    I'm not sure if I am setting this up wrong or if there is a bug.

Here is what the PDF says for a bear's claw attack:

Claw (melee) +6 (2d6 + 1, or 2d6 + 13 on attack roll 20+)

For the attack roll 20+ damage, I put "2d6+13" in the "Attack 20+" field. When I roll an attack of under 20, it will do 2d6+1 when I hit the damage button. However, when I roll a 20 or more (even a nat 20, for the record), the damage remains 2d6+1 when I hit the damage button rather than rolling 2d6+13.

So is it me or you?
    20+ is just informational right now.
    Havent worked out yet how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I havent started locking the NPC sheet at all...
    I cant replicate what you are seeing.
    Sorry! That was me! I locked the NPC entries in the xml, and forgot that I had made that change.

Re: spells

Now that the spells are in two columns, the names of many spells, such as MOLD EARTH AND STONE no longer fit. Furthermore, NPCs with a lot of spells, such as the wizard, only have about eight or so spells. You can fit twice that number in a single column. So you really do not need to make two columns. If an NPC actually has too many, then you can scroll up or down.

I prefer one column.

Thread Information