DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 29 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    Story entries are where I noticed this.

I just updated and checked again.

Formatting still does not work in story entries or notes, nor in the text (description) fields for NPCs, paths, professions, spells, or traits.
    Stories should work. Many of the other fields you reference are string fields and they dont support any formatting.

@Damned

Re NPCs...
    1. The xml data items defense_bonus and space seem to be not used. Correct?
    2. There is a box on the NPC sheet for defense bonus but that is not one of the stats in the game.
    3. The END OF THE ROUND box cannot be typed into.
    4. I think you need another tab for magic.

Example from the dryad:
    MAGIC
    Power 5
    Enchantment presence (6), charm (3), mind bondage (2)
    Nature magic acorns (6), overgrowth (3), ensnaring vines (2), brambles (2), form of the oak guardian (1)

Some questions about the magic entry. Is it possible to...
    > link the spell entry to the spell record?
    > automate the tracking of castings (the number of castings available is listed in brackets after the spell name)?

If no to the question about links, then an alternative is for me to add the spell record links to the description box, below the description, since that area is formatted text and it takes links.

Finally...
    The descriptions box is formatted text and it looks very nice. I assume that there is some complexity or limitation preventing you from making the traits boxes formatted text. It sure would look good if I could bold font the feature names. Meanwhile, I will follow your suggestion and use line returns to offset the feature names.

Please add somewhere for reach...

ATTACK OPTIONS
    Chain (melee; reach +2) +4 with 1 boon (3d6 plus Drag on attack roll 20+)
    Drag The chainbound moves the target 1d6 yards toward itself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    @Damned

Re NPCs...
    1. The xml data items defense_bonus and space seem to be not used. Correct?
    2. There is a box on the NPC sheet for defense bonus but that is not one of the stats in the game.
    3. The END OF THE ROUND box cannot be typed into.
    4. I think you need another tab for magic.

Example from the dryad:
    MAGIC
    Power 5
    Enchantment presence (6), charm (3), mind bondage (2)
    Nature magic acorns (6), overgrowth (3), ensnaring vines (2), brambles (2), form of the oak guardian (1)

Some questions about the magic entry. Is it possible to...
    > link the spell entry to the spell record?
    > automate the tracking of castings (the number of castings available is listed in brackets after the spell name)?

If no to the question about links, then an alternative is for me to add the spell record links to the description box, below the description, since that area is formatted text and it takes links.

Finally...
    The descriptions box is formatted text and it looks very nice. I assume that there is some complexity or limitation preventing you from making the traits boxes formatted text. It sure would look good if I could bold font the feature names. Meanwhile, I will follow your suggestion and use line returns to offset the feature names.
    So I thought I would leave Defense Bonus in because some enemies might don armor. If you are confident that this is not needed I will remove it.
    Aieee - I need to store Size as Space in the DB I think to utilise FGs token scaling... Ill update that...
    That is strange behavior - you can - but you seem to have to click in a very specific area... Ill check that out further.
    Should I add the same spell section from the Charsheet?

Formatted Text fields cant grow dynamically - so I can use FT but I must fix the size... that has other tradeoffs/implications.

Blog Entries
    Please add somewhere for reach...

ATTACK OPTIONS
    Chain (melee; reach +2) +4 with 1 boon (3d6 plus Drag on attack roll 20+)
    Drag The chainbound moves the target 1d6 yards toward itself.
    Reach is already there beside Size.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Reach is already there beside Size.
    The bonus reach stacks with the base reach. However, since no NPC has both a bonus reach attack and a normal attack, it is possible to simply add any bonus reach to the base reach and report the result as simply reach. I will do that.

I need to understand size / space. Which do I use? Both? Are they the same value?

Re magic and castings...
    the PC spells set up will not work for the NPCs. A PC gets a number of castings at a certain rank. In contrast, an NPC gets a certain number of castings of a specific spell. Can you implement something like the following?
    A linked list with a little box to the left of each item
    The number of castings available is recorded in the box
    Clicking on the box reduces the number by one

Re: armor
    The armor value is already included in the Defense value, so I think that you do not need a specific bonus as well. The GM can always adjust the Defense value as needed on the fly.

Blog Entries
    The bonus reach stacks with the base reach. However, since no NPC has both a bonus reach attack and a normal attack, it is possible to simply add any bonus reach to the base reach and report the result as simply reach. I will do that.

I need to understand size / space. Which do I use? Both? Are they the same value?

Re magic and castings...
    the PC spells set up will not work for the NPCs. A PC gets a number of castings at a certain rank. In contrast, an NPC gets a certain number of castings of a specific spell. Can you implement something like the following?
    A linked list with a little box to the left of each item
    The number of castings available is recorded in the box
    Clicking on the box reduces the number by one

Re: armor
    The armor value is already included in the Defense value, so I think that you do not need a specific bonus as well. The GM can always adjust the Defense value as needed on the fly.
    Ok - so we will have one value for Reach as is?
    Size is the SotDL equivalent of FGs Space. As the CT and Maps know how to deal with Space already I think the best way forward is to have the Label in FG say Reach but we store it in the DB as Space.
    So a similar display to PCs but record per spell castings?
    I will remove the Defense Bonus field.

Yes, one value for reach, as is. No changes.

Re: on Attack Roll 20+

I have set up the attacks for Horned Ogre. Here is an image.
    horned_ogre.JPG

In my opinion, the seperate space for on Attack Roll 20+ provides no benifit since the same information needs to be repeated immediately below in the attack description. You could remove it.

The image shows my suggestion for the layout of the attack description. Any opinion?

The extra damage does not roll automatically when base damage is rolled. That is good, since it is sometimes conditional, as is the case here.

Blog Entries
    Yes, one value for reach, as is. No changes.

Re: on Attack Roll 20+

I have set up the attacks for Horned Ogre. Here is an image.
    horned_ogre.JPG

In my opinion, the seperate space for on Attack Roll 20+ provides no benifit since the same information needs to be repeated immediately below in the attack description. You could remove it.

The image shows my suggestion for the layout of the attack description. Any opinion?

The extra damage does not roll automatically when base damage is rolled. That is good, since it is sometimes conditional, as is the case here.
    The Attack Roll 20+ data is planned to show in the CT while the text description will not.
    With that in mind would you do this differently?

And yes - the extra damage is meant to be rolled separately if/when its required.

Very good - I will try that re: NPC Spells

In the Paths, you are missing a Characteristic.

In addition to the 5 that you have there, a path can also provide a bonus to Defense (such as for a Level 9 Master Fighter).

This ruleset is looking amazing, even just from the data point of view here. I can't wait to see how awesome it is once more automation is in place, such as for combat and spellcasting.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Thread Information