STAR TREK 2d20

Can someone please tell me why my Automation isn't working?

I have following effect on a glamorous buckler: [EFFECT equip SKILL:1 item deception]
    It shows up under character effects in the combat tab but when I roll deception, it doesn't add the bonus.

I made a copy of the item and added the automation before dragging it onto the inventory tab.
    when I cycle through not carried - carried - equipped it acts correctly, only showing up when the buckler is equipped.

Aaaargh!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

At the very least, you are missing one comma between item and deception. You should be using [EFFECT equip SKILL:1 item, deception]
    I believe changing that should fix it.

Nope, it wasn't the comma.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Nope, it wasn't the comma.
    That is weird, because I actually tested it. For me it works fine with the comma and doesn't work without it.

Did you re-equip the item after changing the automation and do you have the character added to the combat tracker? I don't think the character effects actually work if you haven't added the character to combat tracker.

B****r, that was it [slaps head]
    It was a new PC and hadn'T been added to the combat tracker yet.

Thanks myyra

Thread Information