FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't create new characters?

Hello,

Me and my friends seem unable to create new characters using the GURPS ruleset, both on FG Classic and Unity. I'm quite sure there must be a problem specific to this ruleset because a test on CoreRPG was successful.

Is anyone else encountering this problem?

This is what can be seen from the Player's perspective:

Cattura.JPG

There is no + button on the character screen in GURPS. You just right-click in the character selection field, popping up a radial menu. Select "add new item" or whatever it's called. That will add a new blank character that you can modify.

I have that option as a GM but not as a player. But despite that, I'm pretty sure there was a + button, because after a couple years of games I can't find the way to create a character anymore.

Unfortunately the plus button doesn't exist anymore and only the host (gm) can provide new "character sheets" and it doesn't matter if Ruleset is being used with or without extension and neither the Fantasy Grounds version, the same mentioned above happens in the classic version and in the Unity version.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Unfortunately the plus button doesn't exist anymore and only the host (gm) can provide new "character sheets" and it doesn't matter if Ruleset is being used with or without extension and neither the Fantasy Grounds version, the same mentioned above happens in the classic version and in the Unity version.
    Me and my party started a campaign at the beginning of the year and were able to create PCs using the + button, was this an update that dropped later? This stops us from creating characters in the Manage Characters section to import them into the campaigns, since only a GM has the power to create new sheets.

This is a screenshot of what I can see from the Manage Character section of FGC:

Immagine.jpg

Those two characters were created last year and as you can see I don't have an option to create a new one (the edit button just lets me delete a pre-existing sheet). This seems like a functional problem to me.

I'm sorry to see that this conversation has stalled. Unfortunately, I believe there is a problem that should be discussed and eventually addressed.

I'm baffled.
    I'm using FGU. What Theme are you using? I don't know if that will make a difference. I've noticed in the RMC ruleset there are some odd little difficulties that crop up if I use one particular theme.

I'm baffled.
    I'm using FGU. What Theme are you using? I don't know if that will make a difference. I've noticed in the RMC ruleset there are some odd little difficulties that crop up if I use one particular theme. One annoying workaround might be develop characters elsewhere, then import them since you still have the import function. have you tried starting up a test GURPS campaign to see if the character screen works correctly there?
    (Sorry for the double post. Thought I was editing the previous one.)
    Last edited by Mansquatch62; October 12th, 2021 at 19:12.

There does seems to be an issue with creating characters in FGU. CoreRPG has a "+" for players to create characters. As the GURPS ruleset is built on CoreRPG, this option should be available. I will investigate to see why it is not.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information