DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dungeon Draft maps created with Forgotten Adventures assets

I think I remember hearing Celestian in one of the FG Q&A sessions say that he uses the Forgotten Adventures integration in Dungeon Draft to make his maps. Are these maps being included in the modules available on the FG store? Looking at the Forgotten Adventures website, it says you can only distribute maps made with his stuff if it's free and you give him credit. I've made almost all the maps for B5 Horror on the Hill with the Forgotten Adventures/Dungeon Draft integration, and was planning on offering the completed module in the FG store. But now after reading the Forgotten Adventures website, it seems like this won't be legal without a commercial license agreement, which he is currently not doing. Anyone have any info on this?

I don't know what Celestian did, but if you're looking for a workaround, just release the paid module with the original maps, then throw your Dungeondraft/Forgotten Adventures maps on the forums for free.

Thanks, Sterno. That's more or less what I thought of as well. I was thinking I might need to do it on DM's Guild, but I guess doing it here should be OK too.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    I think I remember hearing Celestian in one of the FG Q&A sessions say that he uses the Forgotten Adventures integration in Dungeon Draft to make his maps. Are these maps being included in the modules available on the FG store? Looking at the Forgotten Adventures website, it says you can only distribute maps made with his stuff if it's free and you give him credit. I've made almost all the maps for B5 Horror on the Hill with the Forgotten Adventures/Dungeon Draft integration, and was planning on offering the completed module in the FG store. But now after reading the Forgotten Adventures website, it seems like this won't be legal without a commercial license agreement, which he is currently not doing. Anyone have any info on this?
    I don't use Forgotten Adventures assets in my maps. In Dungeon Draft I use the core assets plus the ones I have from CC3.

I've been hearing a lot from Sterno about the FA assets and someday I might look at using them assuming it's easier than it used to be to import assets. For now tho, most of the maps I converted and plan to convert in future (to keep within original style) are fairly simple and dont require a huge amount of assets to make.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah Sterno is on the money with the Forgotten adventures(FA) assets used in Dungeon Draft, they are great and much more realist than the built in ones.

However the issue is the cost of commercial license for using them if they are used in paid conversions for the FG shop.

Another way around is making basic DD maps (+/- using the built in assets) for the paid modules(some original maps are just useless or too poor quality) and offer high resolutions DD maps with FA assets for free on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I don't use Forgotten Adventures assets in my maps. In Dungeon Draft I use the core assets plus the ones I have from CC3.

I've been hearing a lot from Sterno about the FA assets and someday I might look at using them assuming it's easier than it used to be to import assets. For now tho, most of the maps I converted and plan to convert in future (to keep within original style) are fairly simple and dont require a huge amount of assets to make.
    It's actually super easy to import the assets from Forgotten Adventures; they're all wrapped up in dungeondraft_pak files so all you need to do is point dungeondraft to the right directory to look for them.

Yeah, I'll definitely put the maps up for free on the forums.

Thread Information