5E Character Create Playlist

Looking for 1 player for Tuesday 5pst weekly, Pathfinder 2e. Extinction Curse AP

FG License: I have ultimate
    Time Zone: Pacific
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Tuesday at 5pm or soon after
    Term: We plan on finishing extinction curse.
    Voice: Voice required, discord

Game System Experience: Learning this system but we have a player who is very familiar. I've run DND and other systems for years before this.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've been running games with fantasy grounds for 5+ years.

Character Type Preferred: Party could really use a healer or someone with medicine skill.
    About me: I'm a long time DM looking to try out new systems and this Pathfinder 2e is the latest one. I've been running games online since 2014 and a while before that. We are an easy group to get along with and we've had people come and go over the years through our games. I am not strict but I like to run the rules as written and avoid arguments or delaying the game. Our games usually end up being more goofy than serious.

We are currently on AP2 of Extinction Curse. We just switched to Pathfinder 2e and some of my players did not like this new system. I'd like to finish this campaign. We have a solid group of 3 players and 1 who can be a bit flaky so we are looking to get a 5th so we can keep running this game as scheduled.

I'm in US Central time so that would be a perfect time for me. I'm really new to not just Pathfinder 2E but TTRPGs in general so I hope that wouldn't be an issue. I would be totally willing to make a Cleric to help round out the party. I can give you my Discord over private message if you need it.

I'm a forever-DM who doesn't get a ton of playtime, and would be eager to join if you still have a spot. I'm not sure I want to do a dedicated healer (edit for clarity: not saying I won't, either -- I enjoy playing bards, for example), but I'd be more than willing to make sure I at least have the medicine skill & appropriate feats like battle medicine. I also DM'd the first two books before my group decided we just didn't like this AP (it was a bit over-tuned and fight heavy for the group in question).

Do you use the free archetype rules?

I also DM'd the first two books before my group decided we just didn't like this AP (it was a bit over-tuned and fight heavy for the group in question).
    Ya that is part of our problem, we had two people quit because of that and one of them won't play pf2 again because of it lmao. The fights have been a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Ya that is part of our problem, we had two people quit because of that and one of them won't play pf2 again because of it lmao. The fights have been a bit ridiculous.
    A bit of DM-to-DM advice regarding PF in general. PF1E devolved into an arms race between developers and character optimizers, and you wound up with massively 'overtuned' fights to handle people building power characters. I think some of that has slopped into 2E, especially because a large part of the player base likes hard fights. They play not just for story, but because they enjoy the actual game half of the system, and want it hard. You may need to tune things down, and be light-handed with things that might interfere with the ability to rest between encounters. Feel free to skip the occasional fight, or remove the odd enemy here or there.

You didn't mention if there was still room. If there is, my character would be Ilvaren, the [Half?]-Elven [something]. Possibly monk, possibly bard, possibly something else entirely -- depends on party composition. They are a former priest of Aroden, and since his death they have dedicated themselves to a firm and absolute belief that the consequences of his death haven't finished playing out -- that there are going to be aftershocks, and they firmly believe they have a responsibility to find out what those are and try to soften them. A kind of 'last service' to a fallen lord. They just so happen to be in town and investigating things at the same time the circus shows up, and hearing about the party's adventures at the tower would be a perfect draw to get them involved in circus life.

I wouldn't mind joining, if you're still looking. I see you're looking for a medic, and I happen to love playing support roles in this system. I don't have a concept thrown together, but I can make a good fit for the group. I spend a lot of time character building.
    "Memories are like mirrors. They show us parts of ourselves, sometimes parts we'd like to forget. But you can choose what lessons to carry forward, and what to leave behind."
    ~Uther

Thread Information