Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
  1. #1

    Strange entries in db.xml

    I had the db.xml for one of my 13th Age campaigns opened in Notepad++ and noticed a whole bunch (currently over 20) of entries directly under <root> that look like:

    Code:
    	<id-00014>
    		<click type="number">0</click>
    		<drag type="number">0</drag>
    		<drop type="number">0</drop>
    		<hover type="number">0</hover>
    		<scroll type="number">0</scroll>
    		<zoom type="number">0</zoom>
    	</id-00014>
    I can't find anything obvious in CoreRPG or the 13th Age ruleset that might be doing this. Any ideas where these might be coming from? I'm worried that they are slowly making campaign files larger over time. Here's my db.xml:

    db.xml

  2. #2
    I was going to mention that when I was looking at your db.xml for the token question.

    Are you sure that you don't have any extensions that you've loaded? It looks like bad code that is adding dynamic child records directly to root, because it is not checking whether parent node is valid before creating children.

    Regards,
    JPG

  3. #3
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    29,943
    I see entries like that in some test PFRPG2 campaigns I work on. It doesn't seem to get out of hand, so I have it on my list to look into at some point but have higher priorities. Good to know it's not just the PFRPG2 ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #4
    No extensions loaded. But that doesn't rule out bad code in either 13th Age or CoreRPG rulesets. Mostly I'm curious what would be writing out those kinds of values, because they look image-related to me. It's possible I wrote some bad code in the 13th Age ruleset, but I can't find anything containing controls with those names, or doing direct DB.setValue calls with those names in either ruleset. And since Trenloe says he's seeing it in PF2 as well, that would either point to CoreRPG or the automation framework I got from Trenloe and included in the 13th Age ruleset.
    Last edited by darrenan; September 28th, 2021 at 22:35.

  5. #5
    I did a case-sensitive, whole-word only search across the rulesets to see if those fields came up, and they didn't. Also, I do not see that in my rulesets.

    The only common denominator that stands out is the GlobalDebug script. I'm not a fan of writing debug data to the database; and that looks like debug data of some kind.

    Regards,
    JPG

  6. #6
    Just to follow up, we discussed this over email; and this appears to be something injected by the Properties Inspector extension from @lokiare. I've let him know.

    Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMsGuild

Log in

Log in