DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Campaign Items Appearing in Starting Equipment in Character Creation Wizard

I am not sure if I am in the right forum, but here goes.

While checking out the Character Creation Wizard, I noticed that custom items I had made for my Curse of Strahd campaign showed up in starting equipment for specific characters. For example, the Death House in CoS has a room with a longsword hanging on the wall. It's described as having a windmill cameo in it. I made a copy of a longsword under Items and changed the description to match the description of the windmill longsword. It now shows up in starting equipment for barbarians, bards, fighters, and paladins.

In addition, I made copies of other weapons under Items and made kitchen utensils such as a rolling pin, cleaver, etc. All now show up under starting equipment for classes that can use those base weapons.

Any ideas on how to keep this from happening? It didn't take long to make the items so I don't mind remaking them. I just want to do it so they don't show up under starting equipment.

Thanks!

This'll be because you are looking at this from the DM point of view. Remember that unless you have shared these items with your players they won't see any of those items when they are creating their characters. They'll only see what you have shared. So, for example, they'll only see equipment items that are in the PHB if that's all you have shared with them (and they have the module open of course). If you are creating the characters yourself then you can safely ignore anything that pops up if it's something you don't want the character to have.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus. I pulled up my campaign and started another instance as a player. I was able to verify that players will indeed NOT my custom items as part of their starting equipment. I appreciate the help!
    Last edited by ppostel; September 28th, 2021 at 01:02.

Thread Information