5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LFP - D&D 5E - **TWO PLAYERS** - 2pm Saturday Eastern US (-4 GMT)

FG License: GM has Fantasy Grounds Unity ULTIMATE -- Players only need the free DEMO
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern, USA [-4 GMT]
    Day of week and time: Every Saturday from 2pm to 6pm (with the choice to go as late as 8pm if everyone agrees)

Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly sessions (4 hours minimum/6 hours maximum per session)
    Term: Long-Term (1 year or more)

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord (The Gates of Hell)
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 75:25 Roleplay:Combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: We have 4 players, need 2 more. This allows us to continue the game if someone needs to skip a session -- I will run the game with a minimum of 4 players (except critical story events require full party). We know life happens, and having 6 people ensures that the game will roll on.
    Character starting level & equipment: We are only a couple of sessions in, and the party just hit level 2. Equipment based on Background, Class, and background story (DM's discretion).
    Character restrictions: No Artificers. Other than that, any official WoTC sources are available, as are some third-party options and homebrew -- subject to DM's approval (I need to keep the game balanced). We are a RP group, and min/maxing is heavily frowned upon.

Details of your scenario: We are running a full-career campaign, from level 0 to 20. Currently, the party just reached level 2. This is a heavily homebrewed campaign loosely based in the Flanaess (Greyhawk). All players are required to provide the DM with a generally-developed backstory for their characters. All players also run through 1 or 2 Session Zeros. These sessions are designed to: 1) Weave the backstory into the current state of the world setting, 2) Introduce the PC to the world and/or one or two other players or important NPCs, and 3) stage your introduction to the party (your Session 1). It also allows you to get a feel for me, and I a feel for you, and ensure you'll be a good fit for the rest of the party -- think of it as a pseudo audition. We are a heavy roleplay group, with a mix of combat and other challenges. Actions have consequences (good and bad), and the world evolves around you. Events have already been set into motion, and every choice has the potential to shift fate.

Rules Lawyers take notice: The rulebooks are a GUIDE. Only the DM's word is LAW. In other words, roleplay first, roll the dice, and enjoy the results.

NEW PLAYERS WELCOME! New to D&D? New to 5E? New to FGU? We're a diverse group with a solid mix of experience. What bonds us together is our roleplaying and love of the game. We have patience, and can teach you anything.

You can contact me here, or on my Discord server (preferred, link above).

[GM] Lou Ciphor

UPDATE: We are discussing integrating "The Wild Beyond the Witchlight" into the current campaign -- integrating, not replacing -- for anyone interested in playing the new module.

Last edited by Lou Ciphor; November 7th, 2021 at 23:38. Reason: WBW

I would be interested in playing. Some type of archer probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelain View Post
    I would be interested in playing. Some type of archer probably.
    We have one slot still open.

Come on over to the server at The Gates of Hell Discord Server and we can discuss details and see if we a good fit for each other.
    Last edited by Lou Ciphor; November 7th, 2021 at 23:37.

Are you still needing a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorwin View Post
    Are you still needing a player?
    Possibly one slot still open. Please send your concept to me on Discord.

All slots are full. Taking stand-bys and waiting list at this time.

I'm interested in your game, if you have space in the future. Mature, veteran player of AD&D, 3.5 and 5e. New to FGU. MST time zone, Canada. I'm interested in party dynamics, NPC role playing and storyline aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I'm interested in your game, if you have space in the future. Mature, veteran player of AD&D, 3.5 and 5e. New to FGU. MST time zone, Canada. I'm interested in party dynamics, NPC role playing and storyline aspects.
    Reach out to me in Discord so I know how to get a hold of you when our next opening comes up. Link is in the first post.

Thread Information