STAR TREK 2d20

Change linked attribute?

Is there a way to change the linked attribute of a skill? I'm making a sorcerer for PFSW and their Spellcasting is linked to Spirit instead of Smarts. I could see the same thing for someone with the Brute edge. I don't know when or if that would become an issue (other than the Character Summary being off a bit) but it bugs my sense of correctness.

I may just create a new skill instead.

You can create an extension to change the linking of a skill, BUT you cannot have a skill with the same name linked to different stats, (wish they had just made Wizardry and Sorcery skills to be honest"

So you would need to create a new skill with a different name and then create a new arcane background, then change EVERY power on EVERY NPC using the new skill, I have made the Bestiary and adventure modules not read-only so you can do this.

OR you can leave it alone and accept that whilst you can as a human understand that the same skill can be linked to different attributes, Fantasy Grounds doesn't like it.
    Last edited by Doswelk; September 28th, 2021 at 00:04.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Got it. Or I can just get over myself and live with it as-is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    You can create an extension to change the linking of a skill, BUT you cannot have a skill with the same name linked to different stats,....
    True, but you can have a skill with the same name under a different Skills group that's linked to a different attribute.

Thread Information