DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Combat Tracker Errors

I'm not sure this is the right area to ask development questions, but I'm having an issue with the <hnx> tag in a ruleset I'm building. One of the functions I added requires having access to the characters ability scores, so I initially added a link to "abilities.wisdom.score" which kind of worked, but I had to manually change to a number with the tonumber function. That was laziness on my part, so I finally went into CoreRPG to find the hsx class.
    To try to get rid of that minor inconvenience, I changed the value to hnx. However, when I open the CT, now, I get an error message saying that there's a type mismatch. I've opened the db file and verified that the wisdom score is a number. I also looked through the code to make sure nothing else is modifying it. I tried to find an existing use of hnx, but I've had no success there.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, I need to access the players' feats, and have not yet tried an hsm. Is that the correct tag to load the character's featlist?

MOD: Moved to Workshop as it appears to be more of a development question. One of the controls involved are not the right data type. I would check to make sure the "abilities.wisdom.score" and the control on the CT are both the same data type.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

The “abilities.wisdom.score” entry is a number type (confirmed in the db.xml file). That’s why I’m confused that it works with hsx (though i have to convert it). I also double-checked in the CoreRPG files verify that hnx calls the number_crosslink.lua file. Can you think of anywhere else to check?
    String modifiers have no problem linking.

One of the controls involved is not using the same data type. The second location would also have to have the same data type as well. So you clarified the entry is a number in the db, but you still will need to verify the actual control being used is not a string control. I'm not sure where you are linking it to and would look there for the mismatch. If it is also a number control. I would have to see the code in question.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

The change is in the ct_host.xml file. Currently, to keep it working, it's set to hsx. This is added to the list of entries added under <sheetdata>.

<hsx name="wisdom" />

It's only when I set it to hnx that I start having problems.

The error is in the ct_entry.lua file when I make the change. For me, this is line 224, but I've made quite a few changes.

wisdom.setLink(nodeChar.createChild("abilities.wis dom.score", "number"));

The definition of hnx in the CoreRPG ruleset is this.

<template name="hnx">
    <numberfield>
    <bounds>0,0,0,0</bounds>
    <invisible />
    <script file="common/scripts/number_crosslink.lua" />
    </numberfield>
    </template>

I've not been able to find any other calls that would affect it.

Change your hsx back to hnx. Remove all entries from the combat tracker - these will currently have the linked field in the combat tracker set as type="string" (you can check in the combatrackerlist.id-XXXXX entry in the database). Then re-add a PC to the combat tracker - this should make the linked field in the combat tracker record of type="number".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You know, what’s really sad is I’ve been clearing out other databases when I made changes (items, classes, races), having had that issue when changing the data type of a field, but it never crossed my mind was that the same needed to be done with CT (no issues with PS). Makes me feel kinda stupid.

It’s working now. If I can get the featlist working, I’ll be good to go.
    Last edited by Dave0910; September 26th, 2021 at 02:57. Reason: Typo and update

Thread Information