FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Any Plans for Weird Frontiers?

It would be great to have Weird Frontiers added as a rule set.

Blog Entries
    Ah, great idea. How similar to DCC is it? Could it be done as an extension, or does it require its own ruleset?

In case anyone is interested, Weird Frontiers was originally called Dark Trails. Here's the website:

https://www.weird-frontiers.com/

This is cool! It looks like it can work the ruleset. Would just need to convert their player guide.

It's very similar; in the quick start rules the author says DCC spells can transfer directly with minor term changes, such as "miracle" for clerical spell and "mutagenic reaction" for misfire, etc. There are a few mechanics that use a playing card deck and I've seen a card deck extension for FGU so I know that is possible. A few other variations on DCC mechanics that I think would function with just an extension but I'm not positive.

Blog Entries
    Classes might be difficult to fully automate for level advancement without an extension. I’m sure there are firearms too, so that always introduces the potential for weapon characteristics not covered by the existing ruleset.

Just came across this little gem lately, and it looks like would be a lot of fun!
    Not sure if anyone is still interested in doing anything with this, but i'm going to see if i can get something started.

Character Sheet Modifications:
    -Grit as a derived statistic (Current and Maximum)
    -Walking the Line Continuum
    -Hex & Boon Token Counters
    -Slot for Temporary Attributes (that adjust Saving Throws)

Item Modifications:
    -Spots for ROF, Load, Reload, Conceal, etc. for Firearms

Anything else?
    Last edited by bakakel; February 9th, 2022 at 19:37. Reason: Update

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bakakel View Post
    Just came across this little gem lately, and it looks like would be a lot of fun!
    Not sure if anyone is still interested in doing anything with this, but i'm going to see if i can get something started.

Character Sheet Modifications:
    -Grit as a derived statistic
    -Walking the Line Continuum
    -Hex & Boon Token Counters

Item Modifications:
    -Spots for ROF, Load, Reload, Conceal, etc. for Firearms

Anything else?
    Go for it! You would need to get permission from the publisher of course since I don’t believe this is a Goodman Games product.

Yeah, I certainly have an interest here. I haven't read too much into the rules as I've been waiting for the book to be released. I don't know David Baity personally though I've had a few interactions with him; he seems an easy going guy and I don't think you'd have much difficulty getting permission from him. I'd love to see this ip come to FG.

Got in touch with David, and got permission to work on this, with the provisions that everything would be clearly "Unofficial," and that he'd be kept in the loop with anything posted.
    Now i just need to figure out what i'm doing!

@bakakel hey man, just checking to see how things are going in developing this ruleset for FGU. How goes it?

Thread Information