5E Character Create Playlist

Digging what FGU can do with maps

I am trying to get in some quality time with the mapping tools. I have the map assets for Empire of the Ghouls by Kobold Press. Here is part of the defacto map which is standing stones and a few tents with a large bonfire providing lighting.

And here is how it can look after FGU does it's thing:

I am particularly happy with how well the peak of the tents came out.

Very nice!

Blog Entries
    Have you seen this thread? Has some pretty cool maps people have shared with the community using FGU.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...odule-Exchange

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Have you seen this thread? Has some pretty cool maps people have shared with the community using FGU.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...odule-Exchange
    I hadn't and appreciate you pointing me to it!

Prepping for Halloween fun. Grabbed 'A Night of Fright' from DM's Guild and upgraded the map from this...

I used the ability to trace images within Dungeondraft and it turned out fairly well. I think my scale went larger than what it should be, but I really wanted the players to have to deal with lights and darkness so I kept it XXL. All of the wall data exported cleanly thanks to uvtt2fgu.py and FGU imported it without issue.

Hopefully my players will dig the small details Yeah, I put pillows on the couches.

The flickering lighting effects should help with the mood. Now on to the next floor.

I'm a huge fan of that art style. A bit comic book, but really like it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

For Dungeondraft, most of the 3rd party works are done in the style of Dungeondraft, which results in a cohesive feeling map. I have picked up commercial licenses for 8 or 9 art packs which provides me with more variety and, because I paid for it, the resulting work can be shared (or sold). The point of mentioning it is that the style is also fairly easy to emulate which is part of the reason it's done so well as a mapping product - 3rd party support helps.

The downside, perhaps, is that there are soooo many Dungeondraft maps out there, it might be that some folks intentionally avoid maps done in this style.

Last edited by Topdecker; October 19th, 2021 at 12:34.

Thread Information