DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Visibilty and NMovement issues Woodland Manse DOIP

Game system 5E
    All WOTC Books (PHB,XGTE, DMG, TGE, VGTM) and Dragon of Ice Spire Peak.
    No Community extensions added
    Playing it straight from the module.

Have this issue pop up tonight. Have been able to duplicate it in another campaign using same map and characters created with my test campaign and separate laptop

At first when 2 of 4 characters entered 15.03.10 W10 Wizards Laboratory, they were able to see normally. Next two characters had no vision. Could not seethe inside of room nor enemy combat tokens. For those two characters, I removed the mask covering enemy tokens but could not see room. Could see outside. Removed and rebooted both characters and one could see in the library bottom floor, but only there and then could not see on second floor library. Visiion was gone when returned to first floor.

When players returned to first floor from library floor 2, the area where the mask was removed now acted as an impassible wall. They could move their characters, but as the DM I could not move them past that area that had the mask removed unless I deleted the token from map and re-placed the token on the map on the side of the "invisible wall."Also, Now everyone can't see anything. Even outside is masked.

All characters have dark vision if that matters.

I have tried to duplicate it in Axeholm dungeon, but that seems to work fine.

The "Test Campaign" had characters that could see and those that could not see Woodland Manse- all on my same laptop.

I am stumped.

log attached.

Part 2
    If I wanted to delete that map or module and then reload it from scratch (and leave campaign intact), how might I do that? Unloading and reloading the module brings back the exact same map with the npcs where I placed before I unloaded.

Thanks

B
    Attached Files Attached Files

When investigating issues like this, we need a copy of the campaign folder that is having the issue, as well as how to find the image you are having problems with and any details on which characters affected.

It sounds like you are using a manual global mask in addition to the built-in map (which is not included in modules by default); so ANY steps that you took to set up map will be important to investigating.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    When investigating issues like this, we need a copy of the campaign folder that is having the issue, as well as how to find the image you are having problems with and any details on which characters affected.

It sounds like you are using a manual global mask in addition to the built-in map (which is not included in modules by default); so ANY steps that you took to set up map will be important to investigating.

Regards,
    JPG
    ALL FIXED

Here is the zipped campaign folder link REMOVED - FIXED

I have attached my test campaign zip file. It also seem to have the same issue without any mask changing by me.

The only time I changed mask settings is when the visibility stopped working for 2 characters. Visibility worked until they went through the courtyard and entered the broken door of the room mentioned above. I try and stay away from changing things in my active campaigns as it generally goes poorly for me without testing.

I use default mask settings of the module. I just had to try and fix this on the fly for my players so we would not have a short night. It turned into a short night as the fixed caused other issues, but I was able to duplicate the visibility bug on the "Tester" campaign without changing the mask settings

Edit: The characters affected in the Arcanis campaign for visibility were Robespierre and Lucky. All were affected on the movement issues.

//r

B

Thanks
    B
    Last edited by Bubbalotski; September 25th, 2021 at 00:26.

UPDATE: FIXED

Figured it out. They did not have their dark vision set even though both have it now. Not sure why they were able to see before they had dark vision. My fault.

D'oh

Thanks.

Sorry for the bother.

Thread Information