Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    If you want to post a link to a copy of your campaign to my DM i'll see if I can reproduce and then I'll post anything I can see that might be an issue.

Thanks I got the file. The only real lag I've been able to get relate to image size memory freeing. It hangs a bit. Nothing like you have mentioned. I'll keep playing at it over the next while and see if I can find anything.

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; September 23rd, 2021 at 22:39.

There was some chatter about some performance hits recently, and I know that Smiteworks was trying to pin them down. Do you happen to have a ton of sources open and numerous tokens or images in your current campaign? I have also had this happen as well. This is common, but they are not nearly as bad as before. Also, try to look into video card settings, hard drive space, and such. Anti-virus too, as they can scan for changes being made in real-time. Discord is the worse for me... It is a resource hog.

Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I do have some big images in the campaign, but typically they’re not open or being interacted with when I’m creating items/spells/npcs/parcels/encounters.

I also have a huge assets collection that is slow to search, but again, it’s rarely open or being searched. Really just when I’m adding a token to a NPC.

I already talked about hardware and background software earlier in the thread. I have 32 MB of RAM, a RTX 2080 ti, and a 1 TB m2 drive that’s about half empty. Anything is possible, but I doubt it’s a hardware issue.
    Last edited by Sterno; September 24th, 2021 at 12:34.

Does it seem to happen about five minutes or so after you do a bunch of stuff in the Assets bag?

Regards,
    JPG

I'll keep an eye out for that Moon. Looking through the video I posted where I recorded it happening (at about 19 minutes in), though, the only time I opened assets was about 17 minutes prior.
    Last edited by Sterno; September 24th, 2021 at 02:45.

Update: It does not seem to be related to having recently used the Assets bag.

Just double-checked and the asset release time is 10 minutes for any assets not actively being used by a window in the tabletop.

I'm guessing that it's some sort of garbage collection or save stall based on the fact that it appears to be tied to data; but those are very general concepts. I guess I could add a save timer to the save routine in a future version to at least capture how long a save took, and whether that's where to look further.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon,

For this campaign an os.time() on either side of the save is 4-5 seconds.

Jason

Edit: Nevermind previous version of this comment, looks like UnityCrashHandler is always running in the background.
    Last edited by Sterno; September 24th, 2021 at 15:56.

If you use the Compile Logs button in the console, it will also pull the Unity Player.log which may or may not have information on what is happening when it hangs (should be at end of file, if you pull logs right after it happens)

I also noticed that you are running right at 4GB of memory in that campaign. I wonder if there is some sort of memory paging going on due to the size in memory. How much other memory is being used by other apps when it happens?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information