FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    I reported a reproducible way of seeing Autosave break FGU's memory management (and thus likely other things) when FGU is *busy* during Autosave. But we will soon read that this is a whole different case and thus not related in any shape or form. And thus you are on your own to prove that Autosave has anything to do with your issues. Not big pictures to be seen here, only case by case studies.

Good luck!

@Sterno,

I'm wondering if this is more related to using the Assets window, then to the other activities. Do you see any of the delays when entering information without using the Assets window?

Also, how many files and what is the overall size of the Assets in your Data and Campaign images/tokens folders?

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, I definitely see it in cases where I never even open the Assets window during that entire session of FG. The day I was logging times was actually unusual in that I was specifically updating tokens on NPCs. Usually I don't need to worry about that because they're already set up. Next time I work on it I'll log some numbers without opening Assets.

As far as size, though, I do have two large asset modules which make up the bulk of my images. I've got a FGMapmaking.mod file (3.46 GB) which is basically a bunch of Forgotten Adventures mapping assets. I rarely use it so probably wouldn't miss it if I remove it. I've also got a tokens module (all tokens from Forgotten Adventures, plus a few others) that's 1.6 GB. I'd definitely miss that one if I removed it.

I'll try removing the 3.46 GB module and see if it improves things.

As far as the actual "tokens" or "images" folders themselves though, the top-level ones have less than 20 images for < 6 MB of data. The campaign images folder has 192 MB of images across 102 files, about half of which are maps and the other half being some cut and paste art from the module to display to players as handouts.

Just wanted to update since I hadn't worked on the module in a few months but did again the last few days. Trimming my tokens folder way, way down did not impact performance.

I doubt it's a FOW issue either, since this is a development module and I haven't actually put any tokens on any of the maps. And I'm not sure that would explain the inconsistency of the length of save times, anyway.

When left to idle, autosave is quick. I left it idling for 6 hours and every single autosave varies from 0.6 seconds to 1.2 seconds. When actively working on it and an autosave hits, I'm often seeing autosave times of about 50 seconds (though occasionally they're quick).

Would be nice if Smiteworks would also give us an update what steps they have taken to solve this?

Thread Information