DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PC Map Vision Issues on FGU

Hello all,

I have put together a pretty decent sized map and added Walls, Doors, Terrain and Lights throughout.
    While adding these, I used token view in creation as a guide on how it was going - never thinking to load a second instance and actually join as a player....to my folly!

In testing tonight with a player, I find that they see the whole map!
    Adjusting some settings, I get it down to a more reasonable vision but they are still seeing through walls and also not abiding by the restrictions of LoS.
    Attached is the difference between what the PC sees and what I see.

Looking for some help and apologies if this should be in a specific thread but first time posting here and with the many hours spent on LoS, really hoping to salvage this and learn at the same time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ruleset: DnD (5e) with Theme: FG Dungeon

Can you provide a copy of the campaign folder for that issue, as well as which map is affected?

Also, can you double check that you have both Lighting/LoS enabeld on the map, and that ambient lighting is off?

Regards,
    JPG

So I think I found the unfortunate fix.....needing to add a mask to all of the areas that I wish to reveal!
    After a few hours work adding the LoS, I think I now have a decent amount of time adding the mask as well but I think it'll be worth it

You shouldn't need to add a mask, unless you are using ambient lighting instead of point lighting. If that's the case, you might want to turn lighting off and just use LoS. Depends on what you are going for visually.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi again,
    I checked over the settings as recommended and no joy - so if I don't have to use a mask, I would be very grateful if it's something very simple or novice that I'm overlooking.
    Attached is the Campaign folder and the map is MyMaps_TheLostDungeonofRickedness

Thank you in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't recreate your issue with the campaign you sent. For me everything works fine as a player locally connected.

The only interesting things I spotted:
    - Two characters had a blank token: Ari & Kerth
    - One wall layer is in GM only view, these are walls in the top-right, so not the bottom-left from your screenshot

Blog Entries
    I would suggest you jump on either the FG or FG Academy discord channels and ask for someone to walk you through. I suspect live help will help you identify and resolve this pretty quickly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I did add a mask to the first couple of rooms, so they are working with that but I was hoping to avoid having to use a mask...as it means a lot of work adding square/rectangle shapes to quite a lot of non-sq/rectangle rooms
    If you try to move out of the room with the statues as an example, through the door on the top right - you shouldn't be able to.

I'm not sure what you mean by the characters have blank tokens?
    The tokens might be coming from a separate folder that I have outside of the campaign actually - so that would make sense.

Thanks for that, I'll fire the question in there too

Thread Information