Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Stream FGU problems

What are the minimum requirements to run FGU and Streamline OBS to share with discord and twitch? Also using Syrinscape.

The minimum to run it properly, thank you in advance folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Wolf View Post
    What are the minimum requirements to run FGU and Streamline OBS to share with discord and twitch? Also using Syrinscape.

The minimum to run it properly, thank you in advance folks.
    Here are the Fantasy Grounds Unity System Requirements (Minimum)
    CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    VIDEO CARD: Graphics card with DX10 (Shader Model 4.0) capabilities and a minimum of 2 GB of graphics memory
    PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
    VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
    FREE DISK SPACE: 200 MB
    DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
    Source: https://www.systemrequirementslab.co...ds-unity/20349

OBS and the Syrnscape are very subjective to your settings and your internet bandwidth.
    A suggested upload speed is around 10 Mbps for Twitch...Bandwidth is your main concern when streaming.
    When you ask these types of tech questions, be sure to understand that mainly only Fantasy Grounds might be considered for an answer, however, people will or might give you suggestions, but that is based on their own computer settings, etc...
    Also, include your current Operating Ssytem so we do not assume you are just using Windows.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Here are the Fantasy Grounds Unity System Requirements (Minimum)
    CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    VIDEO CARD: Graphics card with DX10 (Shader Model 4.0) capabilities and a minimum of 2 GB of graphics memory
    PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
    VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
    FREE DISK SPACE: 200 MB
    DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
    Source: https://www.systemrequirementslab.co...ds-unity/20349

OBS and the Syrnscape are very subjective to your settings and your internet bandwidth.
    A suggested upload speed is around 10 Mbps for Twitch...Bandwidth is your main concern when streaming.
    When you ask these types of tech questions, be sure to understand that mainly only Fantasy Grounds might be considered for an answer, however, people will or might give you suggestions, but that is based on their own computer settings, etc...
    Also, include your current Operating Ssytem so we do not assume you are just using Windows.
    My OS is Windows 10, my download and upload bandwidth are 40mbs, syrinscape I'm using online player, Fantasy grounds and syrinscape by themselves work great, but when I open the stream even to just use the cam from OBS to discord, it lags a lot :/

Blog Entries
    There is a recent issue we are investigating where people are experiencing lag with the recent build that they did not previously experience. It may have nothing to do with your system.

This is the information about my hardwareCaptura.PNG

This is the information about my hardware

Captura.PNG

Blog Entries
    I think your upload bandwidth is going to be the driving factor. As mentioned, Twitch is going to want 10+ of your 40 Mbps, then FG is going to use some, and will depend upon how often you share images and how large they are (i.e. may well be very "spikey"). Then you are going to have to account for every device on your network (other computers, TVs, tablets, phones, etc) that are using bandwidth. In my house, that would significant (and is in part why I run 300/300 Mbps).
    Last edited by LordEntrails; September 21st, 2021 at 19:58.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

40 Mps should be perfectly fine. I‘m on 50 Mps with IPTV in the house and can run FGU just fine with the TV, FGU and Teams video meeting running.

OBS also has to be set up correctly in regards to your system and needs. Try to research optimal OBS settings and that might help with the lag. If you are using a ton of overlays, graphics, short video loops, etc, that will cause lag too in my experience. It might be that OBS is trying to upload with too high of settings.

Good Luck.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    OBS also has to be set up correctly in regards to your system and needs. Try to research optimal OBS settings and that might help with the lag. If you are using a ton of overlays, graphics, short video loops, etc, that will cause lag too in my experience. It might be that OBS is trying to upload with too high of settings.

Good Luck.
    I did a test with this and it got significantly better, also during this testI almost have no modules uploaded, does this also affects?

Thread Information