FG Spreadshirt Swag

FGU Bug: DM Player Vision Preview Mode Not Working

Summary:
    Tokens cannot see other tokens according to DM's view. Players have stated they are able to see tokens normally when selected.

Ruleset(s):
    CoreRPG and 5E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
    New Campaign in FGU and existing games in FGU

Extensions/Themes:
    No extensions. Themes tested were CoreRPG and 5E Light Theme

Modules Loaded:
    FG Battle Maps and 5E Rulebooks

Operating System / Language Setting:
    Windows 10 English Setting

Steps to Reproduce Using Core RPG:

- Create four characters with no data entry, just add a portrait which should generate a token image
    - Add characters to the combat tracker
    - Open an image that utilizes LOS (I picked BattleMap_outdoor1 for this instance)
    - Add characters from the combat tracker to the map
    - Using the toolbar ensure the Player Preview Vision Mode is on
    - Unlock the Map and select the Lighting Setting
    - Select the Ambient Lighting and turn on Ambient Lighting
    - Be sure to go back to the Play setting and lock the map
    - Select one of the tokens and notice how the other tokens become invisible to the DM's perspective.
    - Players have stated they see tokens normally but does not reflect for the DMs view.

Thank you for all the hard work!

I can't reproduce this. When you say invisible do you mean that apart from the selected token the other tokens disappear completely or do you mean that the other tokens become greyed out? If the latter that's expected behaviour.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They are greyed out but the other tokens should see the others because the ambient lighting is on right?

I have provided three images. The first provides the four characters on the map with ambient lighting on. The second provides when one of the tokens is selected. In the third image I changed the token vision of the selected token to have the dark vision preset and the token now sees the other tokens.

The tokens should be able to see each other regardless of their vision with ambient lighting on. Is this not the case?

Alpha.JPG
    Bravo.JPG
    Charlie.JPG

If you have lighting on then tokens need some kind of lighting or vision in order to see anything.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Understood.

I found a work around for the issue I was having. When logging into the game this issue still persisted for me. Steps taken:

- I unlocked the map and went to the ambient lighting under the lighting setting. I ensured ambient lighting is turned on.
    - Under Ambient Light I clicked on the color option.
    - I did not change anything, I clicked OK.
    - I went back to play setting and now the tokens can see each other normally with ambient lighting on.

Thank you for the quick replies Zacchaeus.

As Zaccaheus mentioned, with lighting flag enabled, tokens will not be able to see anything unless there is a light for them to see by. (either a point light on the map, a light on a token, or ambient lighting on the map).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information