Starfinder Playlist

Help! My whole campaign deleted through recent patch!

I loaded my campaign at 11:30 a.m. had access to my players characters, items and races that I manually inputted. My computer froze and restarted. Reloaded my campaign and I don't see anything. I updated my application and saw in the patch notes that if I was running an old patch my stuff might get erased. Is there a way to recover my campaign? My character sheets are gone, items I manually made, races I manually put in, every spell and ability wiped clean. Please I need help!

Step 1: Copy your data directory as a backup immediately.

Step 2: Look in the campaign folder to see the various db.xml and db.backup.xxxxxxx.xml files. Take a look at their sizes. (I suspect the most recent ones are much smaller)

Step 3: Rename db.xml to something else, rename (or copy) the most recent db.backup.xxxx.xml file to db.xml. Launch FG to see if that has restored the data you're looking for.

Step 4: Repeat step 3, going backwards in time, until you've restored your data.

Edit: It doesn't sound like the patch did it since you were missing the data before you did the upgrade. Your computer crashing is more likely.

Also always copy the campaign folder to someplace else as a backup anytime you finish prep or a session. Just to make sure you never lose anything in the future.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information