Starfinder Playlist

Recent Lag Issues

Has anyone noticed a recent uptick in lag since an update about 2 weeks ago?

FGU always ran fine for me and my party until recently it's gotten rather challenging. Time between loading just about any click/action in the program can be as much as 3-5 seconds.

Nothing has changed with my network speeds and my computer runs triple AAA titles like a champ as it's a 2020 alienware. I have not installed any new mods recently, only added a few new images/tokens (roughly 10).

Is there something I can do at my end? Thanks.
    Last edited by Benny; September 18th, 2021 at 13:32.

Yes, we noticed it in last week's session.

Blog Entries
    Known, reported and discussed here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-issues-for-me

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Has anyone noticed a recent uptick in lag since an update about 2 weeks ago?

FGU always ran fine for me and my party until recently it's gotten rather challenging. Time between loading just about any click/action in the program can be as much as 3-5 seconds.

Nothing has changed with my network speeds and my computer runs triple AAA titles like a champ as it's a 2020 alienware. I have not installed any new mods recently, only added a few new images/tokens (roughly 10).

Is there something I can do at my end? Thanks.
    Is this lag in general, or is it specific to a particular task such as using a map? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Is this lag in general, or is it specific to a particular task such as using a map? Thanks.
    I'm not Benny, the original poster, but at least in my case I'd say it's general, but with different impacts on different things.
    An example:
    using the 5e ruleset, no extensions, only modules loaded are D&D Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Monster Manual, Player's Handbook;
    Click on "Characters", where there are 5 characters of 8th level, takes a whole 2 seconds between clicking and seeing the characters window;
    clicking on Spells takes over 5 seconds to show the window;
    Clicking Images takes 3 to 5 seconds the first time to open that window;
    Opening any map takes up to 15 seconds, but these are from Dungeon of the Mad Mage and they are, indeed, rather large.
    We have party vision and movement disabled, and tokens are locked on the map; when a player drags to plan the character's movement, the time that passes between me clicking the green checkmark to approve the movement and the moment the tokens move varies between 3 to 7 seconds, more or less.

BUT:
    If I create a new campaign from scratch, with the exact same modules and no extensions, I don't see the issue. I don't know if this means that campaigns "automatically converted" from previous versions of FGU are more likely to suffer from this. Right now I'm going through the process of recreating the campaign from scratch (and not importing characters from the old campaign but rebuilding them) because I want to test this assumption.

FGU v4.1.8 was pushed last night with some specific fixes for performance on maps, including planned token movement. If anybody is still having issues after updating, please make a new thread with a copy of your campaign folder and a note about which map is affected.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information