Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Latest Patch has caused some Major issues for me.

5e Ruleset
    No Extensions

Testing video posted here - https://youtu.be/5B4TwieDFl8

Up until I Downloaded the latest patch this evening FGU has run flawlessly for me and my players for over a year.

During this evenings session after patching, there were several issues present that we have never had before.

1 - Insane latency / delay in movement. For example... A movement order was taking several seconds to process and update for everyone, with the token jerking in fits and starts until it reached its destination. This affected all players.

2 - De-sync in movement when a token hits impassable terrain. For example.. normally, when a player tries to move through a wall, and i authorise the move, the token moves as far as it can, and then stops when contactng the wall. However this evening, whenever a player would input a movement request that took it into a wall. I would click the ok button to authorise movement and on all the players screens, they would move to the intended location despite the wall, But on my Screen they would stop at the impassable barrier (which is the expected and normal behaviour) From then on, the player movement requests would issue from the position they saw on there screen, and i could not see the movement requests. To rectify this situation, I had to manual pick up and move the token to re-sync what I and the players saw.

3 - If I had a Token selected, and someone input a movement request, I would not be able to see the request and path, if the token I had selected could not see the players token due to LOS. I had to de-select the selected token in order to see movement orders. This was not the case before.
    Last edited by sanguisaevum; September 17th, 2021 at 10:43.

Blog Entries
    Ruleset & extensions?

Generalized advice for reporting issues linked in my signature.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ruleset & extensions?

Generalized advice for reporting issues linked in my signature.
    My Apologies, original post edited to include further details and a link to a testing video to replicate the issues

I see the same.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new campaign (5e e.g.)
    2. Connect also as a player
    3. Create a character with for example Darkvision 30 in Senses field
    4. Put character in Combat Tracker
    5. Take character as player
    6. Open BattleMapCave01 from FG Battle Maps and share it with player
    7. Try to move as player into and beyond a wall with token locking on
    8. Player can move into and beyond the wall on player view. Player stops at wall on GM view.

This also works if the GM does the planned movement for the player with ALT+drag.

I haven't been able to reproduce the lagging part.

@Zarestia,
    Thanks for the reproduce steps on #2.

@sanguisaevum,
    Thanks for bringing these to our attention, as well as including the video. I've already filed tickets for our graphics developer for #2 and #3.

For #1, can you provide a copy of the campaign folder with that map, so I can pass that to our developer?

Thanks,
    JPG

Even though I don't use token lock, it's become laggy in general recently and I also never had problems before. Pathfinder 2 ruleset and only the Token Height and PF2E Modifiers Desktop Buttons extensions.

To give one example, I drag a window for 5 seconds or so and it will stop during 1 second and then continue. The lag keeps repeating in short intervals on everything that is being done (rolling dice, scrolling text up/down, dragging windows, etc.)
    Last edited by k4071c0; September 17th, 2021 at 17:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For #1, can you provide a copy of the campaign folder with that map, so I can pass that to our developer?
    JPG
    Sorry, just noticed this... i have tried to include a zipped campaign file, but the attachments tool indicates it is too large?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguisaevum View Post
    Sorry, just noticed this... i have tried to include a zipped campaign file, but the attachments tool indicates it is too large?
    Then you will need to upload it to a cloud share (Google, OneDrive, etc) and then either post a link here or open a support ticket and give them the url and a link to this thread as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Then you will need to upload it to a cloud share (Google, OneDrive, etc) and then either post a link here or open a support ticket and give them the url and a link to this thread as well.
    Hopefully this is correct.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1apv...ew?usp=sharing

@sanguisaevum,

We just released FGU v4.1.8 last night with specific fixes for #2/#3 from your original post; along with a couple improvements to performance for #1.

Are you able to test again with one of your players to see if it helped?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information