Joshua Stream Pre

Unusual Races - Base Movement

I've been playing around with a few NPCs to a) make the party a bit less fragile and b) to make things more 'interesting'. On a whim, I made one of the NPCs a centaur (per C&T) - should make life interesting when I involves stairs etc. However, I've noticed that the base movement doesn't form part of the stats, so it uses the default. I can understand this since it's not necessary for normal races, plus there's a lovely calculation that modifies it per the character's height, which will probably get messed up if we start tinkering with movement rates. It's not a major thing, but with the centaur having a base rate of 110', I need to handle it some way - I can sort it out manually, but I wondered if there's anything I can do within the ruleset as it stands (doesn't look like I can change the BMR on the character sheet, so presumably is hard coded).

Hi QuirkyBirky,

You can do that by clicking the magnifying glass for Move & Init on the Main tab of the Character Sheet. Just fill in the additional distance in the Misc field like this:
    RMC Centaur Move Example.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thanks Dakadin.

That's an embarrassingly quick and easy solution to long and drawn out question. I guess I was getting hung up on the base movement and totally ignored the miscellaneous modifier.

Thread Information