5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Spell Action Info

This extension currently supports D&D 3.5E, Pathfinder 1e, Starfinder, and D&D 5E.

Forge Link

As of v3.0 the name of this extension got changed to Spell Action Info. You need to manually delete older versions called Spell Casting Time Labels.

Here is an overview:

The casting time doesn't get shown in the mini_charsheet (no space and I don't know anyone using this). Furthermore, the displaymode "Summary" hides the casting time labels, again space, and it looks better this way in my opinion.

Last edited by Zarestia; August 30th, 2022 at 14:41. Reason: Update v4.0

nice, thanks a lot

Do we know if this is compatible with Kel's extension and my Upgrade NPC Actions extension?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Do we know if this is compatible with Kel's extension and my Upgrade NPC Actions extension?
    It is compatible with Kel's extensions, I've tested it and I've not found any things which we overrride against each other.
    I've added in an update some the casting time text for NPCs.
    As the "Upgrade NPC Actions extension" and mine both override the spell.lua file it is not 100% compatible but manageable from my tests. I'll PM you about that.

This is super handy especially for Path of War maneuvers where you have many different action speeds.

Any chance this could be added to the Forge for easier updates/downloads?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    This is super handy especially for Path of War maneuvers where you have many different action speeds.

Any chance this could be added to the Forge for easier updates/downloads?
    Gonna do that tomorrow, just got my access today. I will update the main post with the forge link when available.

Updated 1st Post with Forge link.

In PFRPG some spells have the action listed as "1 round" rather than "1 full-round action".
    Could you add this term as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    In PFRPG some spells have the action listed as "1 round" rather than "1 full-round action".
    Could you add this term as well?
    This is the same for D&D 3.5.
    I've done some research and they seem to differ in the following:

Casting a spell as a full-round action (as a sorcerer does when using a metamagic feat) simply means that the spell requires a full-round action instead of say, a standard action. The casting is still completed during the caster's turn.

A 1-round casting time, on the other hand, requires an entire round to cast--not just the caster's turn. That's why it doesn't come into effect until just before the caster's next turn.

Therefore I think the difference is important, the rules are just ... yeah ...
    If you've got other information, please feel free to share, nothing is set into stone

Update 2.0 introduces support for D&D 5e. Forge item is in review and should be soon available.

I haven't found any conflicts with other extensions but I only use a few. If you find some errors, please post them here.
    If you've got a ruleset you want supported, also please leave a post here

@MOD: Can this thread be moved to the general extension forum?

Thread Information