STAR TREK 2d20

Fx masked fog visible outside LOS

Hello,

I'm building an underground map and trying to have a cave filled with myst.
    Created a wall layer, draw the walls for LOS.
    Created an fx layer, added myst and masked it to the caved filled with myst.

In player view, LOS applies correctly, but the myst is always visible. From the player point of view, they see what they should be seeing, but in some spots of the "blackness" (portion of the map not yet explored), they already see the myst area.
    I tried the same thing but with water fx and I don't have the issue. So, it appears to be related to myst. I have not tried with other fx.

Attached, a screen shot of the issue (of course, the myst is static on that image, but the white/gray areas are the myst effects the players should not see yet) and another one with the fx edit layers visible.

Tx for your assistance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you please provide a copy of the campaign folder with this map, so we can recreate locally?

Thanks,
    JPG

My zipped campaign folder is too large to upload (9.9Mb)
    Can you point me to instructions on how to share it in that case?

I have re-created the issue in a 4Dev campaign using Starfinder with the FG Battlemap3. This is uploaded (only 10k)

By playing with things, I also realize the problem disappear when I turn on the Lighting visibility!
    So, to be more precise, if Lighting is disabled, players can see Myst effects outside their LOS for areas never explored.
    Edit: When Lighting is enabled, when a PC "unselect" their character token, the Myst appears on the battle map for them.

Let me know if further info is needed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mcharbon72; September 15th, 2021 at 17:39. Reason: Additional information provided

This should have been fixed in the v4.1.9 release last week. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information