FG Spreadshirt Swag

basic modules, second edition rules and things like that

I've probably asked this & and either can't find the answer or do not remember the answer.

But let's ask it again.............

I see X1 just appeared in the store..... AWESOME btw, and I am assuming the content inside the module is updated for 2nd edition?

So NPC's , monsters, saves, to hit rolls..... etc ,are all in the 2nd edition rules

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpreacher View Post
    I've probably asked this & and either can't find the answer or do not remember the answer.

But let's ask it again.............

I see X1 just appeared in the store..... AWESOME btw, and I am assuming the content inside the module is updated for 2nd edition?

So NPC's , monsters, saves, to hit rolls..... etc ,are all in the 2nd edition rules
    I can't speak for X1 (I did not convert it) but for something like Temple of Elemental Evil (and all the conversion I do) I make sure the adventure plays as intended. For example in ToEE if you used 2E dragons, giants and demons it would dramatically change how it plays. So, I used 1E style dragons/demon/devil/giants as presented in the adventure, not the 2E Monstrous Manual. Outside of those specific creatures most others use the 2E monsters as they are mostly identical.

So, short version, depends on the person converting the adventure. I know some folks just do a flat 1->1 conversion (dragon = 2e dragon). Some perform a more nuanced approach.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information