DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Permanent FGU Server?

Hello folks,

Is it possible for me to setup an FGU server on my desktop at home and leave it running and then login from my laptop at another location with GM permissions?

I'd like to be able to have the game up and available for my players and I to come and go much like a play-by-post setup.

Sorta. You'd need some sort of remote desktop type application to do it.

Interesting, I'll look into that. Thank you.

I've seen people talk about using an AWS server to host from anywhere, but it's not cheap from what I gather (see here:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-an-AWS-Server)

Google chrome remote desktop has worked in a pinch for me. I wouldn't want to GM a full session through that, but to start up the server for a player, check my notes, or do some simple reading - it work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonYarnell View Post
    Hello folks,

Is it possible for me to setup an FGU server on my desktop at home and leave it running and then login from my laptop at another location with GM permissions?

I'd like to be able to have the game up and available for my players and I to come and go much like a play-by-post setup.
    I've been doing this for several years without any problems.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I've been doing this for several years without any problems.
    Do you use a remote desktop as well or some other method?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonYarnell View Post
    Do you use a remote desktop as well or some other method?
    I use Remote Desktop. I can long in from work and run updates, start and stop the server, and make changes to story and maps. I would not want to run a live game this way but I guess you could do a PBP game.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information