5E Character Create Playlist

Image Loading Problem for Players

Ok, have an odd problem.

Two of my players, both on the same wifi, can load maps with no problems. The maps come up whenever I share. But, no other images will load. All they get is the red X of doom. However, if they quit and come back, shared images with then load for them, usually. So, obviously there is a work around, but, we cannot seem to figure out the root of the problem. Here is my compiled logs as well.

Thanks for the help.

((Now if I could just get the player who fails to connect all the time to get a better wifi connection, I'm pretty sure that would sort out his problem. Sigh))
    Attached Files Attached Files

We would need logs from both GM and player right after it happens to verify request/response for files was sent.

Typically, when files are not loading like this; it's because something is blocking or modifying the image files either coming out of the GM network or coming into the player network. If it affects all players, it's usually GM issue; and if it affects only some players, it's usually a player side network issue. This is usually related to either bandwidth throttling (quality of service, very slow slow internet connection speeds (such as satellite), etc.) or related to some sort of filtering on computer or router (ad blocker, parental control, SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall, etc.).

The synchronous logs from both player and GM will only tell us whether requests/responses were sent; not why they might not be arriving (since it's getting blocked in transit).

Regards,
    JPG

Will do some checking and get back to you.

Thread Information