5E Character Create Playlist

Second Touch Screen Monitor

I'm think of getting a touch screen monitor and extending my display from my laptop to this for my face to face games.

I'd run two instances of Unity on the laptop and have my players interact with the second monitor that will be connected with a hdmi and usb and placed on the game table.

Has anyone tried this and know if it works with touchscreen? My laptop is touchscreen and I think as long as the monitor is touchscreen too, there shouldn't be too many issues. Worse case I can always take control and move their characters for them, but it would be handy to have all their stats and character sheets there for each player and have the maps readily available.

Does anyone else do this with a touchscreen specifically?

It should work for the most part. Some of the interactions in FG are likely to be touch friendly, though some may not be.

The biggest thing you should watch out for is only your players or you the GM should try to interact with the system at the same time. The touchscreen on the second monitor (if you connect it properly) will act as a mouse input, so if your players are doing something on the screen, you should leave your mouse/touchpad/touchscreen idle so you do not interfere with what they are doing, and vice versa for your players when you are doing something. This has nothing to do with FG, but is the way the OS itself handles the touchscreen.

Thank you. I'll try it. The monitor is £160, so it might be an expensive experiment. Worse case, I'll just use it as a map viewer and move the PCs myself.

Blog Entries
    I have a laptop with a touch screen (doubles as a tablet if you want it to) and the controls are more or less decent but there are some things that you'll want to have the mouse for.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information