5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Bug - windowinstance.close(true) - does not close on clients

I have no reason to think this is a new but (maybe it is, no idea) but I had reason to use windowinstance.close(true) to force windows to close on a client but they never do.

Maybe I'm using it for the wrong purpose but what I wanted was:

Host sets image to public. Host opens the image. Client opens the image. Host hits a new button to close it on the host side with the version closing on the client as well. Should this not work with windowinstance.close(true)?

From the API guide:
    close

function close([closeclients])
    Closes the window.

Parameters

closeclients (boolean) [optional]
    If true and running as the host, the corresponding window will be closed for all clients that have it open as well.
    For various reasons I don't want to make the image private to force the close.

Am I wrong somehow or is this a bug. I'm using 2E ruleset but I don't think this is a 2E issue.

Thanks,
    Jason

That API document is not correct; and did not work that way in FGC either. I'm not sure where that came from; but it's been the same way for at least 5 years (if not longer).

windowinstance.close will only close the local copy of the window on a client. (whether GM or player).

EDIT: I also fixed the API documentation page as well.

Regards,
    JPG

LOL. Thanks, that explains it.

Jason

Moon,

Are there any api details you can share about the imagedatacontrol?

Thanks,
    Jason

The imagedatacontrol is a completely internally built component meant to be a black box. There is only a single API of setColor that is unique to the imagedatacontrol to allow setting the foreground color for theming.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information