Starfinder Playlist

Question about names

I thought I read somewhere that you could shorthand names. Like a heroic name of "Robert the Killer of Giants and Orcs" to just Robert when referencing them. I may be thinking of something else but I thought there were two examples given from the section I read(one PC/NPC and one monster). Is this possible or can anyone shed light on this matter?

Welcome to the FG forums.

The main areas I know where you can use a shortened PC name are completion in the chat text entry (press <TAB> to complete the name) and GM assigning treasure from the Party Inventory.

Is this what you're referring to?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Specifically referring to an NPC or epic monster name. Another example being "Darkmor" the Conqueror of Plinth to just "Darkmor". I don't want the full name of the npc/monster in chat each time its referenced. Again, I could have read this elsewhere in a non-FGU setting and I am just slowly descending into madness.

Sounds like you're referring to the non-identified name of a creature. Some info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eate-a-New-NPC
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I already have an NPC that is using the non-identified feature. "Doc" is his non-identified name but his real name is Alluisious Finkle (he doesn't like people knowing his real name). I have another character "Bosun" Smither Harroot who just prefers being called Bosun (his title aboard the ship). I may just be thinking of a physical mechanic rather than a FGU built in one. I research so much stuff it sometimes just mushes together.
    Last edited by ItsMistahT; September 10th, 2021 at 21:34.

Thread Information