FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    What are your settings for FoWEnhanced? I expect default of replace/replace.

However, if you are merge/merge and you use FoW Save / FoW Load a lot then I could see file growth being a lot. There is no intelligence to the merge. I cannot determine what aspects of the FoW are duplicates so it simply concats the two sets. The expected use of FoWEnhanced is that it be used sparingly when moving maps not an ongoing basis on the same map. Certainly not if you use merge/merge.

Let me know if this matches what you see but in the meantime I'll try some tests on my side.

To give an idea what merge is useful and expected to be used for here is one example. You move the characters back onto a prior map. They start moving and the DM has forgotten to load the FoW from prior. Changing to merge on the load will allow the prior FoW data to be merged into the "new" area data. Then you would need to set it back to replace.

Merge are convenience / forgetfulness setting.

No matter your response I'll see if I can't store the points in a better fashion to cut down on line length.

Jason
    Set to replace/replace.

I'm just using it if I'm moving characters between the two maps. Save their info, move them to the other map, load the info. I've reduced it to two characters to try. Each fow points line is ~54k of characters.

These are complex maps., but the size of the db file is only 1,420kb so no idea why even a long line would freeze saving for over ten seconds.

Just a thought. Can you only export to campaign, or can you export to another file? If you export to another file it wouldn't kill campaign save every 5 minutes.

I know it's not your responsibility to make this compatible with other extensions. I noticed that when you load a map that has Portals https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/123/view . The Portals are removed from the map when the FoW is reloaded.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I know it's not your responsibility to make this compatible with other extensions. I noticed that when you load a map that has Portals https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/123/view . The Portals are removed from the map when the FoW is reloaded.
    Actually that is one extension I really want to work with this so I'll most certainly take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Actually that is one extension I really want to work with this so I'll most certainly take a look.
    Great! Thank you for your efforts!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Great! Thank you for your efforts!
    Actually a bug in FoWEnhanced. Now fixed. See post 2 for migration instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatG View Post
    Just a thought. Can you only export to campaign, or can you export to another file? If you export to another file it wouldn't kill campaign save every 5 minutes.
    It now exports the larger details to outside files. Thanks for the suggestion.

When I click the FoW save button I get:
    FoWEnhanced[11]: No valid tokens found on map. Please ensure that there is a valid party sheet and valid combat tracker.

I cleaned both and re-added the party back but still get the same error. Any thoughts? I am running lots of ext so I will try to track it down.

I will check this out as a new FGU version was released yesterday so that might be causing issues.

Make certain you have all the characters on a party sheet, and on the combat tracker. FoW uses these to trace down the user to the token.

Still works for me so this could be user error. My method of getting it setup is to add people to the party sheet, then click the button to add them to the combat tracker. Then drag from the combat tracker onto the map. There are situations where doing otherwise will not allow me to locate the token info.

It may also be a bad interaction with an extension that is doing something with either the party sheet or combat tracker. Feel free to post a link to a copy of your campaign folder in a DM to me if you can't find a quick solution.

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; October 8th, 2021 at 01:58.

Yep. I added to both the party sheet and the CT then from the CT to the map. I click and the error pops. Strangely, my clean test campaign with all ext loaded does not do this. So it appears as to not be an ext conflict?

Edit: This is an error in 2 of 3 of my campaigns. One is working. All have the same exts loaded. It also works fine in a clean test campaign with all ext loaded.
    Last edited by nephranka; October 8th, 2021 at 02:05. Reason: update

Thread Information