DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Yep. I added to both the party sheet and the CT then from the CT to the map. I click and the error pops. Strangely, my clean test campaign with all ext loaded does not do this. So it appears as to not be an ext conflict?
    Send me the bugged campaign and I'll take a look for how my code could improve / why it is complaining.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I will check this out as a new FGU version was released yesterday so that might be causing issues.

Make certain you have all the characters on a party sheet, and on the combat tracker. FoW uses these to trace down the user to the token.

Still works for me so this could be user error. My method of getting it setup is to add people to the party sheet, then click the button to add them to the combat tracker. Then drag from the combat tracker onto the map. There are situations where doing otherwise will not allow me to locate the token info.

It may also be a bad interaction with an extension that is doing something with either the party sheet or combat tracker. Feel free to post a link to a copy of your campaign folder in a DM to me if you can't find a quick solution.

Jason
    What button are you clicking to add them to the CT? I normally drag them from the character selection window to both the PS and the CT.

Send me the bugged campaign and I'll take a look for how my code could improve / why it is complaining.

Jason
    I sent it. Thanks for looking at it.

I have a workaround for you. Go to settings and change "Show name" to "Tooltip". Apparently the "name" field I rely on only gets put in the place I'm look at when it is using the tooltip.

I'll look to find an alternative way to get the info I need for the next build.

Jason

I have a workaround for you. Go to settings and change "Show name" to "Tooltip". Apparently the "name" field I rely on only gets put in the place I'm look at when it is using the tooltip.

I'll look to find an alternative way to get the info I need for the next build.

Jason
    Yep. That fixed it. Thank you!

I am considering buying this extension, specifically for the interaction with the portals extension. Does this extension work well, when PCs are split across maps? As in the following example:

1. Save FoW
    2. PC A goes through a portal (e.g. stairs) and moves to the second map
    3. PC B stays on the first map and continues exploring, revealing new parts of the map
    4. Save FoW of second map
    5. PC A returns to the first map
    6. Load FoW of first map (to restore FoW of PC A)

I assume this would delete the progress that PC B did while PC A was on the other map? Is this what "merge" would be useful for?

What if PC B decides to join PC A on the second map a bit later (without PC A returning to the first map)? I would have to issue a new Save FoW before PC B moves map. Would this then save the state that PC A is not currently on the map, and therefore PC A's FoW could no longer be restored later, when both return?

Thank you for your answers, it's really great to see an extension to fix the FoW deletion annoyance .

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    I am considering buying this extension, specifically for the interaction with the portals extension. Does this extension work well, when PCs are split across maps? As in the following example:

1. Save FoW
    2. PC A goes through a portal (e.g. stairs) and moves to the second map
    3. PC B stays on the first map and continues exploring, revealing new parts of the map
    4. Save FoW of second map
    5. PC A returns to the first map
    6. Load FoW of first map (to restore FoW of PC A)

I assume this would delete the progress that PC B did while PC A was on the other map? Is this what "merge" would be useful for?

What if PC B decides to join PC A on the second map a bit later (without PC A returning to the first map)? I would have to issue a new Save FoW before PC B moves map. Would this then save the state that PC A is not currently on the map, and therefore PC A's FoW could no longer be restored later, when both return?

Thank you for your answers, it's really great to see an extension to fix the FoW deletion annoyance .
    Let me do some testing and get back to you on the best way to accomplish your desires.

Jason

Edit:

You would want a step 4b - Save FoW of first map - this saves the extra explored by PC B. Step 5 is fine. Step 6 will then load the old info for PC A and the recently saved info for PC B (no loss of data for either PC).

As to the second scenario, the save on first map keeps the only PC A data and saves the new info for PC B. No need for merge. Merge can help if you forget to load previously saved FoW and you have done some exploring.

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; December 21st, 2021 at 19:14.

we are moving from 5E to PFRPG and love the FOW. FOW worked great in 5E. in testing for the move we realize there is no FOW buttons in the menu of our map. see the pic. any suggestions (everything is updated, we do run a lot of mods/ext)FOW buttons.png

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    we are moving from 5E to PFRPG and love the FOW. FOW worked great in 5E. in testing for the move we realize there is no FOW buttons in the menu of our map. see the pic. any suggestions (everything is updated, we do run a lot of mods/ext)FOW buttons.png

I'll look into it.

jason

Let me do some testing and get back to you on the best way to accomplish your desires.

Jason

Edit:

You would want a step 4b - Save FoW of first map - this saves the extra explored by PC B. Step 5 is fine. Step 6 will then load the old info for PC A and the recently saved info for PC B (no loss of data for either PC).

As to the second scenario, the save on first map keeps the only PC A data and saves the new info for PC B. No need for merge. Merge can help if you forget to load previously saved FoW and you have done some exploring.

Jason
    Thanks a lot for testing this! I just bought the extension, looking forward to use it in my upcoming session .

Thread Information