DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

FoWEnhanced Extension (all rulesets) - Support Thread

This is the support thread for the FoWEnhanced extension. This extension is designed to allow a DM to save the FoW for a map prior to moving the tokens to another map. Then upon returning to the prior map the DM can restore the FoW once the tokens are placed back on the map.

Let me know if there are any FoW related requests and I'll see if I can implement them prior to release.

Available at: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/224/view

Thanks,

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; September 15th, 2021 at 19:30.

Version History

In the air...
    • Feature: Character sheet cleanup buttons to remove FoW data when no longer needed [very likely].
    • Feature: Provide some API functionality. getFoW(token) --> String; setFoW(token,string) --> bool. [uncertain]
    • Feature: Better Integration with Portals Revamped - (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/123/view). I'm looking into some additional integration that would allow auto-save on portal to new map. [very likely]

Build 6 - 2022-01-26 20:47:19 (v1.1.0d)
    • Bug fix: Compatibility improvement for Ruleset 3.5e with Feature: Extended automation and overlays
    • Bug fix: No longer relies on tooltip in token. Post #34 no longer is required as a workaround.

Build 5 - 2021-09-17 17:39:13
    • Bug fix: Client side bug. Error on join related to obtaining campaign directory on client only being available on the host.

Build 4 - 2021-09-17 12:36:03
    • Bug fix: The DB routines don't like long lines. To remedy this, the FoW data has been moved out of the db.xml file and into <Campaign>/FoWs/<files>. This will allow the db.xml file to remain quick and smaller. The filename mapping remains in the db.xml.

Migration Instructions: Since the storage of data has changed in Build 4, the best method of moving to this build is to (while FGU is closed) edit the db.xml and remove all <FoWs></FoWs> sections from the charsheet areas. If you wish to retain the existing FoW data then make a copy of the db.xml for reference. Remove the FoWs sections in the real db.xml. Do a save of FoW so that the filename mapping is created. Lookup the filename given and place the data you retained in your backup into the new file following the format as seen in the new file.

• Bug fix: Non-player tokens removed on load. Relates to the reported incompatibility of the portal extension.

Build 3 - 2021-09-16 21:14:57 - Unreleased
    Build 2 - 2021-09-15 17:37:44
    • Bug fix: Works with module maps now. No longer requires you to copy the map.
    • Feature: Added two additional options; unshare on save and share on load. Both are off by default.
    • Feature: Additional chat feedback on save and load.
    • Feature: Added support for imagebackpanel and imagefullpanel

Build 1 - 2021-09-12 01:17:23
    • Original release

Current Known Bugs

1. None known

Interesting Tidbits

1. If you save a single DB entry of 84k characters the save is several 5+ seconds but with 84 1k entries its less than 1/2 second to save.
    2. A 15k character entry saves 10 times faster per character than does a 85k character entry.
    Last edited by jharp; January 26th, 2022 at 21:08.

Just want to say thank you, this sounds amazing and is sorely needed! Great work!

Cheers,

Simon

WOW - Surely worthy of a Smiteworks adoption..

Hi All,

I'm getting two different errors that I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

Sometimes when saving: Script execution error: [string "fow_save"]:31: attempt to index a nil value.

Also, if it does save, when I place tokens back on and hit load, it removes all the tokens and reverts to a blank screen.

I've tried this in a blank campaign with only this loaded. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers.

Send you a DM to meet.

My first thought is you don't have a party sheet setup. Your characters must be on a party sheet, and dragged from a combat tracker. Yes line 31 accesses the partysheet. I'll add a warning message to the code.
    Last edited by jharp; September 14th, 2021 at 00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Send you a DM to meet.

My first thought is you don't have a party sheet setup. Your characters must be on a party sheet, and dragged from a combat tracker. Yes line 31 accesses the partysheet. I'll add a warning message to the code.
    Thanks for the super fast assistance. I hadn't put the character in the party sheet. My bad.

Yes that relates to the bug in post 2. Create a copy of the module image as a work around. I'm working to fix that.

Thread Information