5E Character Create Playlist

Questions from a noob

I purchased FGU and am having some difficulty navigating some basics. I am sure that once I get oriented it will be pretty smooth. I watch several videos but still can not figure something out.

I have FGU on steam. I purchased the Rage of Demons campaign. I have no idea how to load that campaign/module/adventure. Not sure what it is called in game as I am an old school books and dice DnD gamer.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Bring up the launch screen, create a 5e campaign. Start. When FG opens, go into your Library and look at modules. Load the RoD module. Look in the relevant places for the information - Story, Images, Reference Manual, etc....

FG College or whatever they're calling themselves now does a great job of smoothing out the initial learning curve.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Welcome to the forums and FG Community!

They are now the Fantasy Grounds Academy.

Thank you. I will ask the noob questions there. Hopefully will get up to speed quickly.

Welcome to the FG forums!

When you first start FGU, click on the "Quick Start Guide" button in the middle of the startup screen. Watch the video on how to setup FGU (and link your FG account), download/update your purchased products, create a campaign and load your module/s (reference material and adventures). Pause the video at various points and follow along in FGU.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 10th, 2021 at 17:43.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lafintiger View Post
    Thank you. I will ask the noob questions there. Hopefully will get up to speed quickly.
    I would also recommend Fantasy Grounds Academy especially joining their Discord channel.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

So RoD does not show up in modules. I am searching my drive for rod or rage and not finding it. Perhaps it did not download? I did the update after I purchased it.

Thoughts?

Do you mean this product: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=WOTC5EOOTA

If so, search for abyss in your Data Module Activation screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Update:

I think the problem I had was that I had my steam games on my d drive, and there was an install on the c drive - smite works.

I uninstalled the games, deleted all smiteworks folders. Reinstalled fresh with the defaults and now abyss shows up. Thanks for the assistance. It helped me track down the issue.

Blog Entries
    Good deal! Glad you got it sorted.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information