STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[paid][lfgm][pf2e] Looking for GM to run a Pathfinder 2e campaign

Hey everyone, as the title says we've got a private group of 4 looking to hire a GM for some Pathfinder 2e.

We are an old group of friends that have been playing together for a few years. I used to GM then got too busy, then another member tried and eventually got too busy, so we finally decided it might be time to hire a GM so that we can have regular, consistent game nights, and have a campaign that runs all the way to lvl 20. Our hope would be to play a 1 shot and get a feel for a new GM and to see how well the group and the GM mesh together, and if it feels like a good fit for everyone, start a regular campaign.

We’ve been playing Pathfinder 2e for the last 6 months and have been getting familiar with the system and are looking for a GM who knows the system and is enthusiastic about running a 2e campaign. We are open to campaigns, modules, homebrews, combinations, write your own story if you'd like. Visuals are important though, so running games in a system like roll20 (or whatever) with imported maps or drawn maps, tokens, dice rolls, etc etc stuff works best for us.

As for us, we are not always the brightest of players, but we have a good time and laugh a lot! If you're looking for the most devious group of skilled players to roleplay out complicated plots, well we probably won't do a very good job. On the other hand, if you want to GM for a group that is more likely to roll a nat 1 and cause a bunch of shenanigans rather than a nat 20 to advance your plot, we'll get along great! We’re looking for a good balance or roleplay and combat (and roleplay in and around combat). We like a good amount of flexibility and for the story to adapt to the characters/personality/random stuff that happens throughout the campaign. We’re not looking to resolve each encounter as a straight fight, but rather enjoy trying out different tactics or just letting our characters dictate some less optimal, but entertaining outcomes.

All players are over 18 (range is 27-42), we don't mind harsh language and adult themes, but we're not looking for any type of “romance roleplaying”. You might get a Barbarian that wants to woo a warrior queen so the party can steal some treasure from the palace, but you won't have to worry about any actual wooing roleplaying, that's not the gameplay we want. You also won't have a murder hobo party; we try to play our characters as close to their alignments as possible and we don't outright play evil unless we all agree on an evil campaign. We're interested in a good fun game for everyone, GM included.

Tldr; We’re looking for a GM that knows Pathfinder 2e well and will consistently be available to run games on a regular schedule, that enjoys a good amount of roleplaying and flexibility and is ok with players coloring a bit outside the lines (but consistent within character).

Let us know what your prices are, maybe tell us a little bit about yourself, and we hope to find our GM!

Hi... I am a Pro-GM looking for players to play either Agents of Edgewatch , Extinction Curse or Strength of Magic. LOTS OF experience. Currently I have AoE up as a possible game I also run a few One Shots if your group is interested in a Trial by Fire... my next one shot is https://startplaying.games/adventure...5dbc0009328d1e
    But I could schedule something that would work for your group.
    When you follow the link look around to see my reviews and other games.
    I am Highly proficient in Roll20 (including animations and lighting) and have already ran a Party through Agents of Edgewatch so have a very good grasp of that adventure (wich admittedly does have its dark side but also some really fun times too) (if you like Oceans 11 you might like this)
    Please look it over and see what you think ...
    https://startplaying.games/gm/thegnomescave

Also I am on Discord as GM The Gnome#2877
    Last edited by thefbgnome; September 14th, 2021 at 02:48.

Do not see a PM? Where did you send it here? Or discord ? Or at start playing?
    Last edited by thefbgnome; September 14th, 2021 at 19:51.

Hi. I noticed that you didn't list a preferred time, day, or time zone. So I'll mention all three in my reply

My name is Stratton, and I have been running Pathfinder 2 since it's release at Gen Con (having run for Pathfinder Society for its release.) I run games on Monday and Thursday nights and play in one on Tuesday Nights currently. For this gig, I would probably be looking to run on Saturday or Sunday nights. My start time would likely be either 7 or 8 pm and I am in Eastern Standard Time (GMT-4). I strongly prefer a 3 hour game with room to go to 3 1/2 hours if we're in the middle of things.

Your playstyle seems right up my alley, and I think I could adapt some of Paizo's published adventures around the Falcon's Hollow setting into a nice 1-20 campaign (the adventures ran up to 10th or 12th level in first edition, but I would be doing some evolution and revising of the plots anyway.) I've done this with one of my Thursday night games, converting and making adjustments to a favored Rise of the Runelords campaign changing elements to keep the player who has been through it 5 or 6 times on her toes.

Falcon's Hollow is a shitty little lumber town run by a cruel and despicable lumber baron, who has the entire town under his heel. The type of guy who would make a good Disney Villain, really. Hollow's Last Hope is a story about a disease coming to town and nobody but the players have the guts to do anything to help their town find its cure. It's kind of a one shot level one adventure and would be a perfect "Trial" session. Crown of the Kobold King follows this and there are several other early adventures written in the area.

As to what I would charge, for a three hour session, $9 per player, so $36 for the four of you per session. If you are interested, you can PM me here, or reach out to me via Discord (Reckless#3569). I would run the games on Fantasy Grounds Unity, as it is by far the best vtt platform to run Pathfinder games on.

Edit: Also, I have Ultimate License so player's don't need to purchase license.
    Last edited by DMReckless; September 22nd, 2021 at 01:57.

Quote Originally Posted by thefbgnome View Post
    Hi... I am a Pro-GM looking for players to play either Agents of Edgewatch , Extinction Curse or Strength of Magic. LOTS OF experience. Currently I have AoE up as a possible game I also run a few One Shots if your group is interested in a Trial by Fire... my next one shot is https://startplaying.games/adventure...5dbc0009328d1e
    But I could schedule something that would work for your group.
    When you follow the link look around to see my reviews and other games.
    I am Highly proficient in Roll20 (including animations and lighting) and have already ran a Party through Agents of Edgewatch so have a very good grasp of that adventure (wich admittedly does have its dark side but also some really fun times too) (if you like Oceans 11 you might like this)
    Please look it over and see what you think ...

Also I am on Discord as GM The Gnome#2877
    Hi - you don't mention Fantasy Grounds here, but you do mention Roll20. Do you run games on Fantasy Grounds?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I got fantasy grounds a few months ago and am currently only comfortable with playing in it... I am still learning as a GM for it and expect my long term games will probably migrate there over time. The Op mentioned Roll20 so I brought it up also.

Quote Originally Posted by thefbgnome View Post
    The Op mentioned Roll20 so I brought it up also.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I'd missed that.

For all reading this thread - both players looking for a game, and GMs advertising one; it's considered bad form to post looking for participants (be it players or a GM) to run games other than on Fantasy Grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

this is a bit off you ned to do your own posts dude or put a link saying hi to your main post and if your not on FG you need to go learn then come back it takes a long time so go away come back when u are a fg gm as this is the place for any other system if u cant run it you should not be doing payed session
    try again dude lol admin remove post plz as hes mpt pm fg
    Last edited by Doomhippy; September 23rd, 2021 at 09:28.

Thread Information