Starfinder Playlist

Strange little map bug

I thought I would pass along an observation. It is small and not a deal breaker.

Windows, clean build, no exts, 5e, SRD

1. Open BattleMap01
    2. Unlock it
    3. Click the Grid control
    4. Click set Grid with mouse. Create a grid.
    5. Click the lock on the map.
    6. Do steps 2 & 3
    7. Try to click toggle grid visibility <- it will not work
    8. Do anything else like clicking on the desktop, zooming the map and it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That image has a grid embedded in the image.
    True. No effect on this issue. In fact pick any map/image you like and follow the steps. It happens all the same.

Blog Entries
    My testing with your setup - new 5E campaign and the FG Battle Map produces expected results.
    I can turn on the grid (by default white and 50px) and then make it visible/hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    My testing with your setup - new 5E campaign and the FG Battle Map produces expected results.
    I can turn on the grid (by default white and 50px) and then make it visible/hidden.
    Strange. To be clear, it will work if I click on something before the grid visibility eye. This seems to be tied to a specific order of events.

I just tried it in an old campaign file and I cannot reproduce it. So, I am at a lost. I will keep an eye on it to see if and when it returns.

Edit: I got it to happen in the old campaign as well. I also notice something happening. When I am using the mouse to create the grid it is bright and on top of the image as I drag it. When I release the mouse button it becomes dim and seems to go behind the image (like normal). Then I can't click the visibility eye until I click some where else first. It is like the first transition from the grid creation is stuck.

Could be my ScaleUI (75) or that I use two monitors (but FGU is only on one).

I will keep watching.
    Last edited by nephranka; September 9th, 2021 at 01:15.

Is there a very specific order of clicks that you see this happening?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is there a very specific order of clicks that you see this happening?

JPG
    Open BattleMap_Cave01 (or any image)

1. Unlock it
    2. Click the Grid control
    3. Click set Grid with mouse. Create a grid. (1 click and a drag)
    4. Click the lock on the map.
    5. Unlock it
    6. Click the Grid control
    7. Try to click toggle grid visibility <- it will not work

Once an image is open these 7 clicks in this order reproduces the effect.

I am using ScaleUI 75 and it is open on a second monitor.

I was able to recreate using those exact steps. It looks like the button isn't registering the clicks, or isn't handling correctly. It doesn't appear to be related to UI scale or monitors (though I do appreciate the information).

I've filed a ticket for @cpinder to look at.

Regards,
    JPG

As I said before, not a big deal but may be related to something bigger. Just passing it along. Good to know I am not crazy!

Thank you.

I found this same issue in the light controls of the image window as well. For example, if I turn on ambient lighting I can't open the selection pulldown until I have clicked some where else. Thought I would pass the additional examples along.

Thread Information