Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 42 of 48 First ... 324041424344 ... Last
    I think it's the intended behaviour, because in most cases once the added die is used the character "loses" that perk (like in Bardic Inspiration). So unless mccartysr adds an option to not remove the effect once the staged roll is triggered by an effect, I'm afraid you'll have to manually add it back to your players.
    Or you could, as a workaround, set the staged roll with a type of "Feature" and instead of adding an effect on the CT manually add and remove the Feature from the character sheets of the affected characters - this way once the staged roll is used it won't be removed. You'll have to manually delete the feature, though, once the 10 minutes have expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I think it's the intended behaviour, because in most cases once the added die is used the character "loses" that perk (like in Bardic Inspiration). So unless mccartysr adds an option to not remove the effect once the staged roll is triggered by an effect, I'm afraid you'll have to manually add it back to your players.
    Or you could, as a workaround, set the staged roll with a type of "Feature" and instead of adding an effect on the CT manually add and remove the Feature from the character sheets of the affected characters - this way once the staged roll is used it won't be removed. You'll have to manually delete the feature, though, once the 10 minutes have expired.
    A feature isn't the worst idea. The problem is that, unlike Bless, the players can only use the effect once/round. If I set it up as a feature, it will basically pop up for them every single time they have to make an attack, saving throw, skill check, etc, no matter how many times that happens in a around. I had resolved this by using code that gave them the bonus once/turn (ONTURN), but using staged rolls is something else entirely.

I've been trying to solve this whole Emboldening Bond thing forever. It's a huge pain. In Foundry, there's automation from a module that pops up for the player each time asking them if they want to use it and once they do, it doesn't ask again until their next turn. It's pretty slick, but I'm having other issues with Foundry that are driving me back to FGU and this was the last thing I was trying to figure out.

Lo Zeno is correct. This is intended behavior.
    If they don't click on entry in the reasons line, it won't expire. The user can drag a d4 into the staged roll window and it will be added to the roll without expiring the effect.
    While I like the idea of supporting once per turn effects without expiring them, I likely won't get to it for awhile because of time constraints.

I think the last FGU update caused a bug to the Staged Roll window:

when clicking the "Edit List" button in the Staged Roll window, FGU shows a console error:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:rr_staged_contents:list_iedit"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    Steps to reproduce are in this video:
    Staged rolls - error when trying to delete a roll configuration

I attached the compiled logs as well, if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Lo Zeno is correct. This is intended behavior.
    If they don't click on entry in the reasons line, it won't expire. The user can drag a d4 into the staged roll window and it will be added to the roll without expiring the effect.
    While I like the idea of supporting once per turn effects without expiring them, I likely won't get to it for awhile because of time constraints.
    Thanks, mccartysr. I actually didn't even realize that you could drag a die into that window. I can work with that. Emboldening Bond is just a pain from a mechanics perspective and has had me scratching my head in multiple VTTs.

V2.11.1

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I think the last FGU update caused a bug to the Staged Roll window:

when clicking the "Edit List" button in the Staged Roll window, FGU shows a console error:

Steps to reproduce are in this video:
    Staged rolls - error when trying to delete a roll configuration

I attached the compiled logs as well, if needed.
    Thank you. V2.11.1 has been released on the Forge to fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Thank you. V2.11.1 has been released on the Forge to fix this issue.
    Brilliant!

I'm currently doing tests to see if this is an extension conflict, but in our last show game I noticed that all rolls that went through Request Rolls had no custom die colors and were all blank white dice. I'll follow up soon to see if this is the case in an empty campaign, but I wanted to throw that out there.

EDIT: Something either got fixed, or I'm failing to reproduce the issue. Disregard!
    Last edited by BlazingAzureCrow; March 20th, 2023 at 04:02.

I have been using this with the staged rolls options and it works great. I had one question that you might be able to help with. We noticed that with Silent Ruin's Generic Actions ext the rolls made though that ext do not get caught by the stage rolls of this ext. It would be nice if they did. Anyway that could happen? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I have been using this with the staged rolls options and it works great. I had one question that you might be able to help with. We noticed that with Silent Ruin's Generic Actions ext the rolls made though that ext do not get caught by the stage rolls of this ext. It would be nice if they did. Anyway that could happen? Thanks!
    This already works. You have to add the roll types to a staged roll entry. You can determine the types by dragging the result bubbles from the chat onto the entry for staged roll you are trying to configure. They are "genactroll" and "genactresult". You then just have to add the identifier you want it to look for on the character and the type of identifier (effect, trait, etc...).

Thread Information