FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 40 of 49 First ... 303839404142 ... Last
    With the ext can you set a roll to have Advantage/Disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyp31 View Post
    With the ext can you set a roll to have Advantage/Disadvantage?
    My understanding is that at the pop ups stage you can select [ADV] [DIS] [+2] [+5] buttons and the will be processed with the roll.

It also in my experience honours entries in effects that grant advantage.
    Last edited by EllivasKram; November 16th, 2022 at 08:26.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Use the buttons on your desktop like you would for any normal roll you were going to drag and drop. The clients can also use this to handle advantage after it has popped up for them.
    I believe you have to select the DIS, ADV, etc after you request the roll. If you select the buttons before you request the roll, they are not applied.

Or it could be the other way around...

Quote Originally Posted by anthrojim View Post
    I believe you have to select the DIS, ADV, etc after you request the roll. If you select the buttons before you request the roll, they are not applied.

Or it could be the other way around...
    You can do it before or after. If that behavior is not working, it is very likely because of a conflict with another extension.

Thanks team

I'm not sure if this has been addressed or is known, but I got this today (and love it!), and one thing we tried was adding "Concentration" as a save, for times when we want to prompt a Concentration check without damage being involved. When I rolled it, the save knew it was for concentration since it caused War Caster to register and give advantage, but it does a strange thing: instead of adding their Con save mod to the roll, it adds their entire Constitution score. Is there a fix, or is this something that could be addressed? The ability to freely roll concentration checks for things like loud noises, falls, effects that trigger them without damage, etc would be very useful for automatic parsing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed or is known, but I got this today (and love it!), and one thing we tried was adding "Concentration" as a save, for times when we want to prompt a Concentration check without damage being involved. When I rolled it, the save knew it was for concentration since it caused War Caster to register and give advantage, but it does a strange thing: instead of adding their Con save mod to the roll, it adds their entire Constitution score. Is there a fix, or is this something that could be addressed? The ability to freely roll concentration checks for things like loud noises, falls, effects that trigger them without damage, etc would be very useful for automatic parsing.
    I don't quite follow what you mean by adding concentration as a save. In general, I use the default handlers for 5E so those rolls should be working like normal. If you're using other extensions, an incompatibility could be causing the issue.

I don't quite follow what you mean by adding concentration as a save. In general, I use the default handlers for 5E so those rolls should be working like normal. If you're using other extensions, an incompatibility could be causing the issue.
    I mean, adding it to the list of saves you can prompt through the extension. Though it's called a Concentration Check, those checks are saving throws and are recognized by the 5E ruleset as such. An image is included below as an example. This happens in a campaign with no other extensions loaded as well. Though it might not be the intended purpose of the extension, being able to add "concentration" to the list of saves to prompt non-damage concentration checks is a very useful concept, and it feels like it intuitively goes with this extension. It's the first thing I experimented on, after all.

The issue here is that when you add it to the list of saves as per your extension, it does work as far as interacting with how the 5E ruleset parses Concentration checks (accounting automatically for War Caster and such). However, rather than add the Constitution save modifier, it adds the entire Constitution score. This behavior doesn't repeat with other custom saves if you add them in. I don't know if this is something you'd care to look into, but it would be a neat use of this extension to be able to prompt Concentration Checks that aren't damage-triggered.

RollExample.png

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    I mean, adding it to the list of saves you can prompt through the extension. Though it's called a Concentration Check, those checks are saving throws and are recognized by the 5E ruleset as such. An image is included below as an example. This happens in a campaign with no other extensions loaded as well. Though it might not be the intended purpose of the extension, being able to add "concentration" to the list of saves to prompt non-damage concentration checks is a very useful concept, and it feels like it intuitively goes with this extension. It's the first thing I experimented on, after all.

The issue here is that when you add it to the list of saves as per your extension, it does work as far as interacting with how the 5E ruleset parses Concentration checks (accounting automatically for War Caster and such). However, rather than add the Constitution save modifier, it adds the entire Constitution score. This behavior doesn't repeat with other custom saves if you add them in. I don't know if this is something you'd care to look into, but it would be a neat use of this extension to be able to prompt Concentration Checks that aren't damage-triggered.

RollExample.png
    Ah. I understand now. That is not how that is meant to be used. The ability to add more saves is mostly if you are running an extension that adds something. It is throwing weird results because of the way 5E actually processes the roll and does not see concentration as a stat, though there are parts of the system that understand what saves that have the word "concentration" in them mean. I have an idea that might make doing concentration checks possible, but it will likely be a long time before I have time for it.

Ah. I understand now. That is not how that is meant to be used. The ability to add more saves is mostly if you are running an extension that adds something. It is throwing weird results because of the way 5E actually processes the roll and does not see concentration as a stat, though there are parts of the system that understand what saves that have the word "concentration" in them mean. I have an idea that might make doing concentration checks possible, but it will likely be a long time before I have time for it.
    No worries. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention since it seemed like a good use of the extension's existing functions. I understand if it's not urgent. Thanks for responding~

Thread Information